Good car shop to diagnose god-awful brake noise | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good car shop to diagnose god-awful brake noise

Go see Dan at Summit Ford in Rexdale. RRGuy on here.

I wouldn't go to that dealer again if I was paid. I think the service rep I did deal with was Dan and I got hosed out of over $300 for labour for a TSB that didn't work (after I told him 3 separate times I wanted to just pay the $250 for the actual new part) and I was still getting the same problem intermittently a month later. Plus, they were very late getting the service done. The part that ****** me off the most about waiting was that at 6:45pm I was asked if I still wanted to get the alignment done I asked for. Yes of course, why the heck would I ask to get it done if I didn't want to? Of course, I wasn't being rude to him. I was told it would be an hour. Then 1:10 later, 5 minutes before closing, I was told that the alignment couldn't be done because both my front bearings were bad and needed to be replaced. Why did it take over an hour to tell me this? Plus, I had them both replaced not 5000 kms before this visit at a private garage, so it would not have showed on their computer system. Here I am, 60,000kms later on the same front wheel bearings with absolutely no vibrations, noise or issues and I got my alignment done at a proper shop that doesn't feed me BS and try to rip me off. If you want to be hosed out of lots of cash, go to Summit Ford. Otherwise, stay the hell away.

New brakes, one of my calipers was seizing, luckily it freed up. Rears were just replaced last year but because of the calipers issue they wore unevenly. Thought it would for sure need a caliper or something. Brakes are good as new, no more mysterious noises.

It would seem you don't have all your facts straight. As there is no service rep at summit named Dan.

I wouldn't go to that dealer again if I was paid. I think the service rep I did deal with was Dan and I got hosed out of over $300 for labour for a TSB that didn't work (after I told him 3 separate times I wanted to just pay the $250 for the actual new part) and I was still getting the same problem intermittently a month later. Plus, they were very late getting the service done. The part that ****** me off the most about waiting was that at 6:45pm I was asked if I still wanted to get the alignment done I asked for. Yes of course, why the heck would I ask to get it done if I didn't want to? Of course, I wasn't being rude to him. I was told it would be an hour. Then 1:10 later, 5 minutes before closing, I was told that the alignment couldn't be done because both my front bearings were bad and needed to be replaced. Why did it take over an hour to tell me this? Plus, I had them both replaced not 5000 kms before this visit at a private garage, so it would not have showed on their computer system. Here I am, 60,000kms later on the same front wheel bearings with absolutely no vibrations, noise or issues and I got my alignment done at a proper shop that doesn't feed me BS and try to rip me off. If you want to be hosed out of lots of cash, go to Summit Ford. Otherwise, stay the hell away.

It would seem you don't have all your facts straight. As there is no service rep at summit named Dan.

Remembering such a commonly used name from 2 years ago is an easy thing to get wrong. Whoever the advisor was or was not does not change the fact of how badly I was treated and how much of an idiot they tried and did take me for. That doesn't change how they stole my money for a bogus TSB for a door latch mechanism that did not fix the problem of my door being ajar all the damn time leading to safety issues. Like not being able to see if anyone is on the sidewalk or not behind my car while backing out because all the interior lights stay on because it always thinks the driver's door is open. I eventually got fed up and refused to try and fix the SAME problem with this car for the FOURTH time and just removed all my interior light bulbs. It's like clockwork. Every time I would get the latch mechanism changed, 60-62k kms later it will fail. And to reiterate, the TSB for it for the '11-'14 Edge driver's door latch DOES NOT WORK which I was duped into paying over $300 in labour for at your dealership.

Again I will try to warn people to stay away from this dealer as they will take your money for fixes that don't fix anything and to say to need to replace parts that you have just replaced! The advisor's name could have been Mike or something, too. A very common name I remember. Average built guy with short dark hair.

Back
Top Bottom