TD Insurance Call Wait Period | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Insurance Call Wait Period

I am with TD Insurance right now, and someone gave me a better quote so I was wondering how much it would cost me to cancel with TD and go to the new company.

I called the number and waited on hold for an hour. Hung up, called another day, waited another hour. In total, I waited 3 hours with no one answering my call. Then I found another number that said "call for immediate response". I did get an immediate response, but the person there said he would have to transfer me to another department after listening to my request. SO BACK IN THE F**KING QUEUE I WENT!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to let you all know in case you are looking to go with TD Insurance.

TD sucks - end of discussion. I moved my car insurance and saved over 2 grand, just got bike insurance from the same (new) carrier as a rider to the car policy and again at least another grand cheaper.
They don't seem to care any more, when the house insurance comes due in November they are losing that too...

This is a type of fraud in my opinion. i want to leave but they wont let me cuz they wont answer my bloody call. I emailed them. Guy replied back and said "you have to call for that".

If you want to get someone on the phone quickly, fill out a quote online and submit your phone number. They'll call you right away.

Just tell them you're selling the bike so you're taking insurance off. They'll give you back the money you've paid less the months it's been insured, no penalty

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree. Someone else also suggested calling them and asking for a quote. But I think what will end up happening is they will just say "Oh, that'll have to be done through another department. Let me transfer your call".

I'll give it a try again with all of your suggestions. I'll keep you updated.

I was put on hold again for another hour and 26 minutes. The dude answered, I said Hello, he hung up.

Word of advice, do not get TD insurance.

How about you call up TD's ombudsman and launch a complaint about their service. Document the time you've waited. You can also file a formal complaint with the insurance regulators (used to be FSCO, now someone else) that you have no access to change your insurance policy. That should get their attention.

With TD MM ive never waited that long... i guess ive been lucky

The story is fort Mac is using up all of their manpower. I know someone that tried for days to submit a claim and then got cropped on for not submitting sooner. I have no idea how a single large event uses the entire national manpower for weeks, but that is what they are saying is the case.

The story is fort Mac is using up all of their manpower. I know someone that tried for days to submit a claim and then got cropped on for not submitting sooner. I have no idea how a single large event uses the entire national manpower for weeks, but that is what they are saying is the case.
Makes sense though. They usually man the phones to have maybe a 1 minute wait during normal circumstances, its not like they will take tons of people through the standardized 3-4 weeks training just for that one catastrophy.

I called the "new quotes" number and got an immediate response. Told the guy I want to be transferred to a live person, no more waiting. He transferred me to the wrong person. That dude transferred me to the correct person and I got it cancelled fairly painlessly. I will be getting a $550 refund. New insurance starting with Aviva on June 1st as soon as I fill in the paperwork for over $1000/year LESS than what TD charges.

Wait times are still bad.

I spent an hour and 15 minutes waiting to talk to someone, started calling them around 930. 2 minutes later I was done. Aviva (through Dalton Timmis) quoted me for 1600 less than what TD was charging me.

I spent an hour and 15 minutes waiting to talk to someone, started calling them around 930. 2 minutes later I was done. Aviva (through Dalton Timmis) quoted me for 1600 less than what TD was charging me.

This year was particularly bad. Took me at least 3 attempts, and yeah, a lot of wasted time.

Well the good news is that I was finally able to cancel with TD. My new insurance started with Aviva and it is much cheaper than it was with TD. Also, 12 payments/year instead of 7 payments/year so the monthly payment is much lower.

Never had an issue with TD call centres, just 3 prompts and on to a live mc savy person. I must say some of the fastest contacts yet,even quicker than going to my broker for other issues locally. You must be a real unlucky person!

What are you trying to insure?? I've got a 1300cc bike and if my rate was $1600 less, they'd owe me money!!

Back
Top Bottom