need a new cell phone - have no idea... | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

need a new cell phone - have no idea...

Here's the Zoomer wireless plan.

Unadvertised $36 Promo:
400 Canada-Wide Minutes
2GB of LTE Data
UNLIMITED Text, Picture and Video Messages (Canada & International)
Unlimited Evenings and Weekends
Voicemail, Call Display, Name Display, Call Waiting & Conference Calling
Free LG F4NR, LG K4 or Huawei GR5 with 2 year term

Call them to get it. Pretty good customer service.
cc: @caboose56
I called them last week
Bonus until 3/31:
2 EXTRA gb of data (4gb total)

Also said that the Samsung J3 is an available phone on a 2 year term

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

@nfq are you with them?
How is the cell coverage? I know they use Rogers towers/ network.

@nfq are you with them?
How is the cell coverage? I know they use Rogers towers/ network.

My mother in law is with them. It's Rogers network so coverage is pretty good. No complaints. Trust me if there were I'd hear them lol. For the price, tough to beat.

My mother in law is with them. It's Rogers network so coverage is pretty good. No complaints. Trust me if there were I'd hear them lol. For the price, tough to beat.
So MIL, odds are she is old school and uses it for plenty of talking. No complaints means no/ not too many dropped calls.
Thanks for the feedback.

And I just dropped my iPhone 4s and busted the earpiece while it was in the Otterbox hard case.
This one lasted a year - that's the shortest a phone has ever lasted me.
I must be getting more clumsy, but at least I now have a 32gb mp3 player.

That LG G4 looks like a neat phone. I want 32gb at least. I don't want to sign up for a new plan, because I like the one I have.
I'm a basic user of phones - email, text, gps, phone, camera, mp3 and some web stuff - the only app I have on my phone is Shazam.
Less than $300, because I will break it soon.
Thoughts?

My iPhone 5??

And I just dropped my iPhone 4s and busted the earpiece while it was in the Otterbox hard case.

That LG G4 looks like a neat phone. I want 32gb at least. I don't want to sign up for a new plan, because I like the one I have.
I'm a basic user of phones - email, text, gps, phone, camera, mp3 and some web stuff - the only app I have on my phone is Shazam.
Thoughts?

LG is a killer unit the G4
It can take a terabyte micro sd card, lol
I have one for a few months now, no complaints.

being able to say LG or Cheese or whatever word you want...it will take pics front or rear camera.

That's useful when you have gloves on or holding phone or placing phone down and being able to have pics taken remotely.

check it out further for the G4 plus the back cover pops off so you can pop in a spare battery...good for long trips on bike and you stream music or GPS.
It does fit in front pocket. You can also run dual apps/split screen apps...2 apps on screen, split the screen in landscape or portrait mode.

The camera is really good.

Thoughts?

Wow. I thought I was tough on phones. I've dropped my iPhones several times, my 4 went tumbling down the highway when it fell out of my tank bag when i was on the 401, fortunately it cartwheeled along the shoulder, the $2 dollar store case saved it.

I've seen refurbbed iPhone 6 phones for $350 but since you're not really an app person you might look for a tough phone rather one that has lots of capabilities and specs.

Maybe look for one of these on the used/refurb market http://www.catphones.com/en-ca/

Thanks all.
Joe - I would like more than 16gb - minimum is 32gb and ideally 64gb is best. Otherwise I would have...

I really liked that CAT S40 - seems perfect for me and while more than I wanted to spend, if it doesn't break on me then it should last a long time. I also really like not needing to keep it in a case! I guess it will be between the LG G4, or the CAT. Older Lumia's and that basic windows phone might fit the bill too.

my complaint with blu is they have been caught phoning home.
What does that mean?

What does that mean?

It means it was spying on the owner of the phone and reporting back.

https://www.cyberscoop.com/android-malware-china-huawei-zte-kryptowire-blu-products/

ZTE and Huawai also use the same software but claim it's not on the phones sold in the USA (but is it on Canadian phones?)

Data was being sent back and being received so someone likely knew that the phones were sending data and until caught nothing was done about it. Whether that was the software vendor's fault or the manufacturer I couldn't tell you.

Srius? I literally have it on my W10 Lumia 950 XL right now.

Frankly, I use Cortana to identify songs and use other things for everything else Shazam does. But I do have Shazam and it is available.
Then I stand corrected. I looked at their website and it wasn't listed.

my complaint with blu is they have been caught phoning home.
To be safe I just assume all Chinese engineered phones are spying on us. The Chinese government has their hands in everything there. A little mild paranoia never hurt anyone.

Back
Top Bottom