need a new cell phone - have no idea... | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

need a new cell phone - have no idea...

No issues so far for me.
The issue come shows up a year or so down the road and it is if you play a lot of games and the phone get hot all the time it makes the solder weak.
You can stick a piece of cardboard in to fix the issue as it will press against the case and motherboard.
If you play a lot of games and your phone gets hot for prolonged periods of times then yes this can be an issue.
As mentioned thus far no issues and regular use, phone stays cool.

But I look at that as good news. I will use the phone for a while and when it dies ask them to replace it as per the legal suit and get the future G7:lmao:
Wait for that suit to benefit Canada :)

No issues so far for me.
The issue come shows up a year or so down the road and it is if you play a lot of games and the phone get hot all the time it makes the solder weak.
You can stick a piece of cardboard in to fix the issue as it will press against the case and motherboard.
If you play a lot of games and your phone gets hot for prolonged periods of times then yes this can be an issue.
As mentioned thus far no issues and regular use, phone stays cool.

But I look at that as good news. I will use the phone for a while and when it dies ask them to replace it as per the legal suit and get the future G7:lmao:
Wait for that suit to benefit Canada :)

I know a couple people it affected. they weren't happy

I don't know millions of people, but there's apparently enough fail on lgs part to warrant a class action suit, so a million out of millions of phones?

excellent!
If my phone dies after 1.5/2 years then I will get a free upgrade to the newest model or whatever compensation they provide.
Hopefully they do what Samsung did.

May just be a dealbreaker on the getting of the G4.....does it have the clipboard feature when you text? If not, that will screw me for text to win contests ?

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

May just be a dealbreaker on the getting of the G4.....does it have the clipboard feature when you text? If not, that will screw me for text to win contests ��

clipboard that holds a lot of clips/copies
wait until you see the split screen mode...you can do 2 contests at the same time, lol

battery life is pretty good and it also recharges pretty fast with normal charger much less a quick charger

you can do wireless charging if you wanted $2 sticker from Ebay, lol

Thanks @-D-

No luck on my end with 3 LG phones over the years. Good specs, good features, but crap reliability.

No luck on my end with 3 LG phones over the years. Good specs, good features, but crap reliability.

How long are you talking...which models?
What happened to your units? Some ppl are hard on equipment.
I have owned a fair amount of phones and to be honest I don't recall any just dying and my phones are in a case so if they fall it reduced the damage.
I agree with you to a point. They seem to offer a better product once they made the phones branded for Google (Nexus).

I was not a fan of LG but I got this phone because it has the best camera (at the time, still does).
I rather take a phone that would boot loop and not explode in my pocket, lol

So far this G4 has been solid for me. I hope I do not have the bootloop issue but if I do it can be easily fixed and hopefully the pending judgement will offer consumers a replacement. The G6 looks pretty decent.

How's the samsung S6 for a phone that can be bought for $300 on kijiji? Any better options at that price point?

How's the samsung S6 for a phone that can be bought for $300 on kijiji? Any better options at that price point?
Look back a few months in this thread. Iirc there was some talk about the S6.
And I remember someone telling me that the even numbered Samsungs are the better ones. Don’t know if that is true or not.
Fwiw, my SIL just got the iPhone7+ and has her 6+ listed for $500

Microsoft is winding down their phone hardware production. This has been known for months, even longer. This is nothing new as Microsoft for the last year has indicated they intended to chop the hardware side of their mobile business.

Rumours of Windows 10 mobile's future are all over the place. No matter what develops, current phones will continue to get updates to the OS through their reasonable market lifespan. It's similar to Android and Apple with their OS's where there is support to a certain point, then a new OS comes out.

Microsoft's is being tight lipped about their future in the phone market, though they have previously said they are committed to it. We'll see. I doubt it will be much on the hardware side. This shift in philosophy on being a major hardware supplier has been a long time in winding down. Regardless, a new surface phone somewhere down the line has been a consistent (and debated) rumour. Microsoft also has the new Windows 10 ARM development thrust, with many rumours around it being the next iteration adopted into the mobile environment. What the future Microsoft offerings will be, if anything, is not known yet. At this point, it doesn't really matter either. Again, current phones will be supported for their typical market lifespan.

Last edited:
A little off topic but...
So Rogers atm doesn't have any promos for me to take advantage of. They did send me an email though telling me that I can upgrade to the same plan that I'm on now (basically ) for the privilege of paying them an additional $30/ month! (I have 500mins talk, they offer unlimited )I haven't used more that 200 mins/day /month in over 5 years
So I will stay with my 500 mins, unlimited evenings and weekends, unlimited text and 500mb of data.
The best deal they offered was 1gb data for $ 65/ month. That doesn't work because if I am close to going over, I can add 1gb for $15. So I could do that EVERY MONTH and still come out ahead (albeit, with a "lesser" "free" phone)
I should probably just pack up and go to Zoomer/ Freedom etc
But I still have some coverage fears when I am in Muskoka. + with a small child I want the school to be able to reach me no matter where I am. I've never had connectivity issues with Rogers.
So if anyone has worked a recent deal with Rogers please let me know, or else I will be calling in the next few days (new month, new deals?) to renew and get them to send me my LGG4.

No matter what develops, current phones will continue to get updates to the OS through their reasonable market lifespan.
That's the question though, isn't it? Others shopping around for phones might not have the same optimistic outlook as you.

Not sure why one year old rumors would only be surfacing now. You should mention that to that website, maybe they'll give you a cookie.

That's the question though, isn't it? Others shopping around for phones might not have the same optimistic outlook as you.

Not sure why one year old rumors would only be surfacing now. You should mention that to that website, maybe they'll give you a cookie.
Not just surfacing now. Microsoft Central and others on Twitter have been talking about it for quite a while.
I'm one to blame for their demise. I loved my Win8 phone, but much like my old BB they were starved for the more popular apps.
Went through my Lumina yesterday to find an old contact and still love the ease of use.

If one is shopping for phones, there aren't really even any new windows phones available, other than essentially NOS or an enterprise option or two.

What's the question? It's a fact. The last new Windows phones like the 950 and 950 XL were released in 2015 and are already close to 1.5 years old. These phones are still getting updates and even a road map has been known and shown through the end of this year; a significant creators update is coming in the next few weeks and Redstone 3 coming up later this year. In addition to that MS often sends out more minor updates on a biweekly basis or so.

Look at the Android or the IOS platform updates and support timelines. There have been consistent cut-offs on even more aggressive schedules. The only real news in that windows phone article is the continued uncertainty around what MS will do for the next iteration of a mobile OS, if anything.

It isn't one year old rumours either. LOL at your spin and ignorance. Sounds like you want a cookie for that.

Last edited:
If one is shopping for phones, there aren't really even any new windows phones available, other than essentially NOS or an enterprise option or two.

What's the question? It's a fact. The last new Windows phones like the 950 and 950 XL were released in 2015 and are already close to 1.5 years old. These phones are still getting updates and even a road map has been known and shown through the end of this year; a significant creators update is coming in the next few weeks, with Redstone 3 coming up later this year. In addition to that MS typically sends out more minor updates on a biweekly basis or thereabouts.

Look at the Android or the IOS platform updates and support timelines. There have been consistent cut-offs on even more aggressive schedules.

It isn't one year old rumours either. LOL at your spin and ignorance. Sounds like you want a cookie for that.
The question is the subject of this thread: which phone to get. Specific to my post, the question is whether it's worth getting a W10 Mobile device given that MS is winding down that side of their business, to an unknown extent.

Like WM10, my BB10 also got an update this year, and BB10 say they will continue to maintain it. That doesn't mean as you say "it doesn't really matter" that Blackberry stopped producing phones to anyone considering a Blackberry today. It's obviously going to affect the utility and value of the phones for a long time.

If someone reading this thread were considering a WM10 device, they may prefer to be informed rather than uninformed about the changes happening with them. I never claimed it was breaking news, but it wasn't previously discussed here and it needed to be.

You, however, said MS had for the past year been indicating their intention to chop the hardware development side of WM10, which is what I called one year old rumors. How does that make it spin and ignorance LOL?

Again, I didn't post that to show off my profound knowledge of the modile ecosystem as you did. I just shared what I found since others also might not know, and it could be useful to someone.

Back
Top Bottom