need a new cell phone - have no idea... | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

need a new cell phone - have no idea...

Rogers just offered me 5gb byod. *Edit: for $45/month but holy crap overage charge is $70/gb! Wtf?
Unlimited Canada wide
Roam like home
Vm etc
And they will waive what I have left to pay on this device
Sounds pretty good to me*

First thing they offered when I asked.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just got my daughter her first phone at Christmas. Roger unlimited talk and text canada wide, zero data $20/month byod.
She can use wifi all she likes but no data usage. It works for us.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I just got my daughter her first phone at Christmas. Roger unlimited talk and text canada wide, zero data $20/month byod.
She can use wifi all she likes but no data usage. It works for us.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Didn't know Rogers had that.
My kid says he doesn't care if he has data, WiFi at home, at school etc.
But right now @ $5.75/ month for 250 texts he's good.
Although I did have to dl something called Discord so I can talk to him for free, because that's all he uses.

Rogers just offered me 5gb byod. *Edit: for $45/month but holy crap overage charge is $70/gb! Wtf?
Unlimited Canada wide
Roam like home
Vm etc
And they will waive what I have left to pay on this device
Sounds pretty good to me*

First thing they offered when I asked.

I absolutely do not understand the current trend with data overage fees going UP but it is industry wide

Edit: For comparison, I have an older Fido plan that is $20/GB over, something reasonable enough that you would consider using it. The "exclusive offer" plans through their app/website would jack that up to $100/GB!!!

Last edited:
I absolutely do not understand the current trend with data overage fees going UP but it is industry wide

Edit: For comparison, I have an older Fido plan that is $20/GB over, something reasonable enough that you would consider using it. The "exclusive offer" plans through their app/website would jack that up to $100/GB!!!

Wasn't all this overage crap capped at $50 a few years ago? Or am i thinking of home internet?

Back
Top Bottom