New link to a M2 Exit checklist | GTAMotorcycle.com

New link to a M2 Exit checklist

Took a look at the checklist.

For those that completed the M2 exit exam, are there parking lot techniques (e.g. figure 8, emergency braking, etc) being evaluated?

For those that completed the M2 exit exam, are there parking lot techniques (e.g. figure 8, emergency braking, etc) being evaluated?
Actually now that I think about it, we did do a figure 8 to start the m2 exit. This was first thing after meeting, nor during the road test.

When I did it 7 years ago, didn't have to do parking lot drills(u turns or figure 8s) or emergency braking. One thing that was required was an emergency roadside stop. Where safe to do so, right signal on(and stays on), pull over, get off your bike, look at your bike, get back on, signal left and continue riding. One thing they look for is your head to be on a swivel; constantly scanning your environment and looking at your mirrors.

When I did it 7 years ago, didn't have to do parking lot drills(u turns or figure 8s) or emergency braking. One thing that was required was an emergency roadside stop. Where safe to do so, right signal on(and stays on), pull over, get off your bike, look at your bike, get back on, signal left and continue riding. One thing they look for is your head to be on a swivel; constantly scanning your environment and looking at your mirrors.
Don’t forget to head check prior to changing lanes or blocking positions.

In group ride settings, while turning left or right, is it always single file or staggered if conditions permit?

In group ride settings, while turning left or right, is it always single file or staggered if conditions permit?
i did my test through MTO so there's no group involved. you need to follow these procedures when turning.

if you are doing m2x please check this handbook and go over them one by one, it will help you build confidence
I or other might give u bad advice but official handbook wont :D

I prefer single for curves and staggered for turns depending on the intersection and who I’m riding with.

@bigsix anything in the parking lot prior to riding in traffic is just for the instructors to evaluate your competency, and know your training needs.
Riding in an M2X group is different at different schools. At Humber years ago, we used a staggered formation, and I think there were six riders. 3 in front and 3 in the rear. At another school there is at most three riders and a demo rider, 1 in front and 1 or 2 behind.

If you wobbled through the M1X evaluation, haven't ridden in 4 1/2 years, and can't ride in traffic, then you probably don't want to be on the M2X course, especially with other riders. If you've been practicing diligently for a couple of years, and can comfortably ride in traffic, then you're in a good spot to shave off the rough edges, and improve your riding before the M2X evaluation. Here's a link to the original checklist thread:

Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

I have my M2X exam scheduled with drivetest this coming week and have been polishing up riding details on my own via the M2X checklist

I took the risk and did not go through the M2X training course

Feedback has been very helpful. Thanks

I have my M2X exam scheduled with drivetest this coming week and have been polishing up riding details on my own via the M2X checklist

I took the risk and did not go through the M2X training course

Feedback has been very helpful. Thanks
I did mine through drivetest as well, the test itself is easy there's no risk . they tell you what to do and you do it :D

here are a few things to keep in mind.
  • be in a proper tire track
  • dont turn right if the light is RED
  • obey the speed limit
  • you riding lane is far right left tire track (if no parked car there) if you are turning left, you will finish your turn on the left lane and right tire track then move toward the right lane , left tire track
  • lane change (you need to go back to your riding lane after they tell you to perform lane change unless they tell you to stay on that lane to make a left turn)
  • when stopped right foot on the rear brake and scan traffic every 10 sec or so,
  • signals/shoulder check make it obvious/cancelled signal after turns or lance change.
  • get into a habit of checking left and right when you cross an intersection.
  • etc
if you are unsure of anything on the checklist can always post a question here, im sure someone will have an answer for you.

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom