1982 Yamaha Virago xv920 - need insurance!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

1982 Yamaha Virago xv920 - need insurance!!!

c900t16

Hi everyone,

I cannot get insurance on this bike! Everyone I have spoken to say they won't insure it because it's too old and I need classic/vintage insurance.

For that, I need an appraisal - to be honest, it's not worth anything but a few hundred dollars at most and it was handed down to me from my father in law.

I have a newer bike (2014) and my broker said he can't insurance this Yamaha for me and that classic/vintage insurnace it very hard to get and very expensive...at this point it seems just hard to get! No one wants to quote it!

Anyone have a lead or know a way around this? I just want basic liability!!!

I live in Guelph too, so all my rates for everything dropped when I moved from Mississauga, so I can't imagine this bike costing that much!

Thanks!

- J

I had no problems getting my 1985 goldwing insured with Intact. This was 2 seasons ago, may have changed since then.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

We just need to call attention to the right people who have older bikes. Lol. @ MattRain, any ideas?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Surprised that Riders Plus denied you. They were willing to insure a 1974 Kawasaki F11 two-stroke that I was considering one time.

I originally insured my FJ with State Farm in 2013 and I switched to Riders Plus in 2014.

Maybe it's an age thing? Beats me.

I'm with the Personal for my '84 Honda, and two years ago I was with Cooperators. both had no issues with older bikes, at that time.

I will give them a call!

I don't think age really has anything to do with it at this point...I'm 30 now but I just got m2, but that wasn't really what anyone said was the problem !

Back
Top Bottom