First season with SOAR, looking for advise | GTAMotorcycle.com

First season with SOAR, looking for advise

Nick_f

Site Supporter
Hey guys and gals

I've made the transition from track day enthusiast to SOAR racer this year, and looking or some advise

You might see me starting threads like this, but I just want to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

I have never spent a weekend at a track for a track day, so this would be my first time camping with a bike. What i'm looking for is this to bring, not forget, and what you guys can't live without

I will be tenting it this season. Reason for this is to make sure this is the direction i want to take this hobby/sport, and not drop big coin on things like a trailer. the odd time in a hotel if weather isn't agreeing with me. If i fall in love with this, than i would consider buying a trailer next season, of half way through this one.

i have a few things that will help me through the weekend

- tent
-bbq
-cooler
- lawn chairs
- lot of clothing (warm and cold)

Bike supplies typical for track days, tools, stands, spare parts, generator, canopy etc

I'm just signed up for the rookie cup, but thinking of picking up some bridgestone tires to do the bridgestone cup. This is so that i just don't have one race all weekend.

I also live in Fergus. It is about a hour and a half away. Does anyone just do the commute all weekend

Warm sleeping bag, foam or something similar to get off the ground, I can't function without coffee, luckily Tim's is 5 min away. If it's gonna be cold at night, rain, I would just leave my stuff at track, ask someone to keep an eye on it, and sleep at home. Racing with no sleep is not easy. Most guys are happy to share tools so don't worry if you can't fit your entire tool collection. After a weekend you will have a pretty good idea of whats mandatory for you.

Everything but the kitchen sink(unless you have room, then bring that too).

If you're tenting, a warm sleeping bag, air mattress or similar and warm clothes are a must. Make sure the tent is as waterproof as possible. Freezing your nards off in a puddle is no fun.

Otherwise you've got most of the stuff covered, and you'll figure out what your missing as you go. If you forget something somebody else probably has something they can lend you.

You could also try Amateur 600, Amateur superbike, or Amateur Open as a second class. Waiting all day for one race is not ideal, especially rookie since it goes last. I always recommend two classes.

thanks for the replies!

I have a golf sportwagen (station wagon) so worst case ontario i'll just sleep in that if it is a messy weekend. (lol)

My wife will be coming with me most weekends, but possibly not all, so i might need to bribe a buddy to spoon with me for the weekend.

Anyone interested in trading some dunlop 211's for a set of bridgestones so i can run the bridgestone cup?

they are brand new from blue streak last year. non even a single rotation on them :)

Back
Top Bottom