1 week ride to NY/VT/NH –*Route suggestions needed! | GTAMotorcycle.com

1 week ride to NY/VT/NH –*Route suggestions needed!

Krime

Site Supporter
My wife an I are planning a 1 week trip that we'll be leaving for in under 2 weeks, beginning Victoria day weekend.

She's 14 weeks pregnant so our pace will be pretty relaxed versus what we're used to doing. We're planning on camping if the weather is dry and warm enough.

Last September we did a great 2 week ride to North Carolina where we passed through Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, etc. Because of this, I'm thinking it may be a good idea to head east from Buffalo NY instead of south, taking my wife through the Adirondacks and beyond as she's never been. Maybe passing through Lake Placid?

Any recommendations for routes, campgrounds, hotels, etc would be much appreciated. We're open to any and all suggestions – at this point absolutely nothing is set in stone.

I cross at Niagara Falls and head east to the Adirondacks. I take a ferry crossing at Essex over lake Champlain. There is a great restaurant right on the water beside the ferry, so a nice place to stop for lunch before hopping on the boat.

Great roads south of the border. Heading to Mt. Washington in June with some friends using the route in the picture. Doing a loop, heading to Mt. Washington then down south to the Catskills and back home again. Just a weekend trip with some great riding.

If you do go through the Adirondacks, I like to stay in Old Forge, it is on the western side of the Adirondacks. I usually make that my first stop and enjoy travelling through first thing next morning. This camp site is great, very clean facilities and cheap (around $25 USD for a camp site), 2 mins from downtown Old Forge.

https://www.oldforgecamping.com

I went from Buffalo through the Adirondacks to Maine a few years ago, passing by Vermont and New Hampshire.

Here's the ride report with some good roads mapped out. http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...port-Fall-Colours-and-Twisties-Eastern-States

Safe Trip!

This is great, thank you. Sorry to read about the mishaps!

I cross at Niagara Falls and head east to the Adirondacks. I take a ferry crossing at Essex over lake Champlain. There is a great restaurant right on the water beside the ferry, so a nice place to stop for lunch before hopping on the boat.

Great roads south of the border. Heading to Mt. Washington in June with some friends using the route in the picture. Doing a loop, heading to Mt. Washington then down south to the Catskills and back home again. Just a weekend trip with some great riding.

Now that's a busy weekend! Thanks for the tips. As per your last post, the Old Forge campgrounds looks perfect. I think we'll plan to be there for our second night as it's 350km+ from Letchworth which may be our first camping stop (weather permitting). Clean and good facilities are very important so that's good to hear. My wife is sick almost every day so she'll need clean amenities. She's a trooper to still want to do this trip.

Here's my thread from a long time ago with the route that I took

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...-upstate-New-York-Vermont-New-Hampshire-Maine

Thanks for this, will have a read through.

I guess this trip means you got your bike fixed?

I guess this trip means you got your bike fixed?

Haha yes. Thanks for the reminder I forgot to post an update. Got it back last week. They claimed it was bad fuel or stablizer. Odd to me but I'm back on the road so I'll take it.

As a variation you could go north to North Bay then over to Quebec and Rouyn Noranda and take the norther TransCanada through Quebec and stay east of Montreal - then cross down to Vermont.
Slab to Huntsville - ( nice coffee shop just north ) ...then you can take a variety of roads north to Northbay ....get over into Quebec and head north to Rouyn.

Will be waether dependent tho. Chillier than staying south.

Thanks for the thought. Sounds like a nice alternative but we'll definitely want to stay lower to avoid the cooler temps. My wife does not fair well in the cold. :D

Back
Top Bottom