Ducati Diavel Classification???? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati Diavel Classification????

jewman22

sorry if this has already been asked, but, What is the Ducati Diavel classified as for insurance? Is it a cruiser or a sport or a standard or what.

A quick google search lead me to no answer as every insurance company in the US has them classified differently.

sorry if this has already been asked, but, What is the Ducati Diavel classified as for insurance? Is it a cruiser or a sport or a standard or what.

A quick google search lead me to no answer as every insurance company in the US has them classified differently.

Not a sport. Some Insurance companies classify it as a sport. There is a difference. The bike is 1198 cc. Which my broker said is not insured as a 1200cc.
I am paying $1700 a year. Over 25 but live in the most expensive city in Canada. Insurance wise.

Not a sport. Some Insurance companies classify it as a sport. There is a difference. The bike is 1198 cc. Which my broker said is not insured as a 1200cc.
I am paying $1700 a year. Over 25 but live in the most expensive city in Canada. Insurance wise.

Brampton?

Had the same price for the Diavel and Monster 1200

2015 R1 0-60: 2.6Seconds
2015 Diavel 0-60: 2.6Seconds

2015 diavel 162hp
2015 R1- 158hp

Why do you think its not a supersport bike?
just because ducati calls it a "cruiser"

Any sports, naked, sports touring bike once it exceeds the 1000cc mark the rates increase significantly.
Consumers still believe naked bikes should fall under their own category and not have sport bike rates, the only problem is, those bikes were built for stunt riding, insurance companies are well aware of that.

Any sports, naked, sports touring bike once it exceeds the 1000cc mark the rates increase significantly.
Consumers still believe naked bikes should fall under their own category and not have sport bike rates, the only problem is, those bikes were built for stunt riding, insurance companies are well aware of that.

Don't think my Monster was built for stunting. It may be easier to create a stunt bike from it, as apposed to a Panigale for instance. But I don't think Ducati's engineers set out to make a stunt bike. I only pay 990$ a year for mine. 39, M2, live in Acton.

2015 R1 0-60: 2.6Seconds
2015 Diavel 0-60: 2.6Seconds

2015 diavel 162hp
2015 R1- 158hp

Why do you think its not a supersport bike?
just because ducati calls it a "cruiser"

This bike is a cruiser through and through. Just because it posts big numbers, doesn't make it competitive with a super sport! I imagine the Harley V-rod posts big numbers too ( the bike the Diavel is gunning for ) I don't think anyone would argue that it is a super sport.

Likely fits in that grey area where it is considered a high performance sports bike by some, and a cruiser/tourer for others. My CBR650F straddles a similar line as well, and I've received quotes that vary by as much as 200% depending on the side it falls on with them.

This is the best definition I could come up to describe a sports bike:
Motorcycle is optimized for speed, acceleration, braking, and cornering on paved roads at the expense of comfort and fuel economy.

Does the Ducati Diavel fit that description, not on my opinion, however, you put the Diavel and a 1000cc sport bike on a public road in a straight line, well we get the picture.

Insurance companies look at what the bikes can do on the street, not what they can do on the track, claim would be denied if you wrecked the bike on a closed racing course

Back
Top Bottom