Yamaha R6 Highway crash in Toronto | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha R6 Highway crash in Toronto

There IS a car on the left of the truck and the truck has zero reason to slow down or yield to a merge lane. It's not the truck drivers fault in any way shape or form. That ramp is stupid, and the rider was purely not paying attention.

Some people really need to do a ride along in a semi to understand that piloting a 70' long piece of heavy equipment that does not accelerate nor stop quickly is not the same as changing lanes in a Corolla.

Couldn't agree more.

Lol maybe it was the camera rider's fault somehow.

Anyone have a theory?

edit: I don't even think he managed to hit the car, and a bike stops faster on its wheels, so he had plenty of time.

Lucky a cop wasn't there to lay charges.

Last edited:
The R6 rider seemed to be pretty mad at hisself. Or somebody. Or everybody.

Last edited:
Re: Yamaha R6 Highway crash in Toronto- REPOSTED

All this blame being thrown about, clearly the moto social is at fault

Gag answers have no place in accident reconstruction exercises. Car to left of big truck did not anticipate truck needing to move over to make room for delinquent car to get over to make room for speeding moto socialite.

saw you at murder central last night, does not factor into ongoing investigation

Gag answers have no place in accident reconstruction exercises. Car to left of big truck did not anticipate truck needing to move over to make room for delinquent car to get over to make room for speeding moto socialite.

saw you at murder central last night, does not factor into ongoing investigation

didn't see you go by. 2 wheels or 4?

4 and sunglasses

good input on here. ultimately its rider error. that car had to merge and was breaking for a few seconds, rider should have seen it coming. its chess out there not checkers. a transport truck is a queen on the chessboard, it disrupts everything. self preservation is the 1st law of nature.

good input on here. ultimately its rider error. that car had to merge and was breaking for a few seconds, rider should have seen it coming. its chess out there not checkers. a transport truck is a queen on the chessboard, it disrupts everything. self preservation is the 1st law of nature.

I like this analogy the best :D

car did not "brake check" him.

I'm sure cars behind me use to hate me when I did this, but when merging on the highway, I would go super slow for the first bit of the ramp so that there is lots of room in front of me, and then I would punch the throttle and merge when there was space

I'm sure cars behind me use to hate me when I did this, but when merging on the highway, I would go super slow for the first bit of the ramp so that there is lots of room in front of me, and then I would punch the throttle and merge when there was space

As long as you hit highway speed before at least halfway down the ramp...

I hate when people take up the whole on ramp and are still doing 80km by the end of it. The ramp is there to hit a safe merging speed and merge, not to merge onto the highway THEN accelerate to highway speeds.

Back
Top Bottom