Yamaha R6 Highway crash in Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha R6 Highway crash in Toronto

Canadian Rider

Yamaha R6 Highway crash in Toronto- REPOSTED

Coming back from the season opener of the 2016 Moto Social Toronto, a 2009 Yamaha YZF R6 crashes while trying to merge on the highway. A car in front unexpectedly goes under heavy braking at the end of the merging lane and when the R6 tries to slow down with the uneven road, locks the front brakes which takes him down with the R6. Road conditions: Cool & dry but uneven surface and lots of holes

Update: After confirming with my multiple questions and the paramedics which arrived on the scene, HE IS OKAY!

The R6 may very well be totaled. Though he is able to walk away and learn from the accident. Aftermath is coming soon, we will see if the bike is salvageable, subscribe for the update!

[video=youtube;BH8mmWp0vkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH8mmWp0vkA[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH8mmWp0vkA

Last edited:
Re: Yamaha R6 Highway crash in Toronto- REPOSTED

all sorts of awesome in this

[video=youtube;BH8mmWp0vkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH8mmWp0vkA[/video]

Was the rider charged with careless?

Rider error. 100% Avoidable.

Rider actually had plenty of room and that car was braking for a long time. Not sure why he kept his speed on their tail.

Lots of time to stop.. Glad to hear he's okay at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a) Brake lights came on at 0:13, accident happened ~0:18. Lots of time for the rider to react. Maybe he was staring over his left shoulder looking for an opening rather than paying due attention to what was in front of him.

b) Dude, wearing all-black, rolled into a live lane where a semi had just been. Damn lucky there wasn't another car or truck coming along.

Geez. Glad he's okay. RIP R6.

not much needs to be said, "pay attention" my teach used to say...

You can see the full trailer on left and driver cannot enter the roadway so he is hitting the brakes, why the rider was that close to car...

BB

Last edited:

Looks like the Jameson Rd onramp to Gardiner West. Always a sh1t show there IMHO.

Looks like a newish rider. Expensive lesson to learn, he's lucky it didn't end worse.

Glad the rider is ok. Tell him to learn from this and move on.

Agreed that this was totally avoidable but why did the car take off after being rear-ended? The driver didn't look very competent but technically he didn't do anything wrong. That truck driver was an *******.

Agreed that this was totally avoidable but why did the car take off after being rear-ended? The driver didn't look very competent but technically he didn't do anything wrong. That truck driver was an *******.

As a truck driver who has to deal with cars merging at under 80kph to my right side and traffic flowing on my left at 115kph and myself governed at 100kph, what the **** do you propose we all do?

As a truck driver who has to deal with cars merging at under 80kph to my right side and traffic flowing on my left at 115kph and myself governed at 100kph, what the **** do you propose we all do?

I'm not generalizing truck drivers so no need to get defensive there buddy. I'm criticizing this particular truck driver for blocking the merging lane. He had an available left lane or he could have slowed down. And I know what slowing down means for a transport but he had the space and the advantage of a higher vantage point. Even though he's not at fault for this accident he started the chain of events. A simple courtesy would've gone a long way in this case.

I'm not generalizing truck drivers so no need to get defensive there buddy. I'm criticizing this particular truck driver for blocking the merging lane. He had an available left lane or he could have slowed down. And I know what slowing down means for a transport but he had the space and the advantage of a higher vantage point. Even though he's not at fault for this accident he started the chain of events. A simple courtesy would've gone a long way in this case.
There IS a car on the left of the truck and the truck has zero reason to slow down or yield to a merge lane. It's not the truck drivers fault in any way shape or form. That ramp is stupid, and the rider was purely not paying attention.

Some people really need to do a ride along in a semi to understand that piloting a 70' long piece of heavy equipment that does not accelerate nor stop quickly is not the same as changing lanes in a Corolla.

There IS a car on the left of the truck and the truck has zero reason to slow down or yield to a merge lane. It's not the truck drivers fault in any way shape or form. That ramp is stupid, and the rider was purely not paying attention.

Some people really need to do a ride along in a semi to understand that piloting a 70' long piece of heavy equipment that does not accelerate nor stop quickly is not the same as changing lanes in a Corolla.

Are we watching the same video? Truck had plenty of space left and aft and if he is any kind of aware then he also knew there was a ramp there. I can't see for myself the vantage point but it's likely he could tell there were vehicles coming down that ramp. He had plenty of reason he just decided not to. Like I said, a little courtesy would've went a long way. He didn't have to yield but he could have. I get that the truck takes longer to accelerate and decelerate but it's not a lot we're talking about here.

[edit] Ok I watched the video again full screen and I see that car now so my bad. It was mostly obscured by the truck and changed lanes a bit further on. Truck driver is not an *******.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom