Heading to Mont Tremblant | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heading to Mont Tremblant

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
I'm going to be riding up there for the May long weekend and will have a day or two to ride around while my better half rides her bicycle.

Besides that La Maurice Park and the direct area around Tremblant, what are your favourite roads to hit up.
Lets say 400-600km round trips from Tremblant.
Bumpy french roads don't bother me too much, but nicely paved ones would be good.

Mind the tar snakes...very nasty south of Tremblant - there is some white stuff that forms on top of them and makes them super slippery ...we even came across signs showing a motorcycle sideways on snaky lines.

483759250.jpg

Came across this while searching for the sign

I wanna know....
7.jpg

I found the surfaces varied from super to horrid and sometimes on the same road.

Sent an email some ideas -

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-05-06%2Bat%2BMay%252C%2B6%2B%2B%2B%2B2016%2B%2B%2B%2B10.28.34%2BPM.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-05-06%2Bat%2BMay%252C%2B6%2B%2B%2B%2B2016%2B%2B%2B%2B10.28.45%2BPM.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-05-06%2Bat%2BMay%252C%2B6%2B%2B%2B%2B2016%2B%2B%2B%2B10.31.09%2BPM.jpg

Given your penchant for distance ....just about everything is in reach for you....even Rouyn Noranda if you wanted.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'm also with non-riding friends while there so shorter day trips only for me I think. I'll have nice rides there and back.

Route there: https://goo.gl/maps/BoSLH8dLAXt - I'm not really familiar with anything east of Calabogie, so anyone who knows the good twisty roads between Calabogie and Mont Tremblant, feel free to make my routes better. I'd like to keep the ride time around 9-10 hrs and avoid the slab if possible. Only stopping for gas and the occasional picture.

Day trip 1: https://goo.gl/maps/mE5drop4aoG2 includes 327, 329 and 364

Day trip 2: any suggestions for a 4-6 hour route that doesn't include the 327, 329 and 364?

Route home: https://goo.gl/maps/HcZ24AsMSM12 - any other hidden roads to link Mont Tremblant to Calbogie and I'm open to it.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Not sure about super twist roads but here's what I know from my few visits there:

1. I've always seen cops in Brebeuf and other drivers are great at letting you know. Watch for flashing high beams.

2. Northern shore of the Ottawa River before Montebello are some nice waterfalls. For the life of me I can't remember what they are called but I do know they have historic significance as they were used to send lumber down from the logging areas to Ottawa. There's a little museum thing there and some really nice picnic areas.

3. The roads around Wakefield are nice and if you've never been Wakefield is a really nice tourist village with a great live music scene (check out the Black Sheep Inn for details). Wakefield is a bit of a jaunt from Mont Tremblant but still fine for day trips. Splurge by having lunch or dinner at the Wakefield Mill. Amazing food.

Back
Top Bottom