One Lawful Albertan Rider! | GTAMotorcycle.com

One Lawful Albertan Rider!

I thought the same thing when I watched it on the news yesterday... Wonder how he faired through the ambers.

The filmer is from Toronto. Won't let motorcycle cut by him so he blocks him lol.

Yeah I know all the cars behind the motorcycle shifted over to the left.

Motorcycle dude take the sidewalk and why is everyone staying in their lane. Even the cars can take the sidewalk. Shows how trained we are as a society to obey the law even in life and death situations.

Pretty sure nobody died. Or was injured. Or was in serious threat of injury (until that one point where the fire got to close). Everybody's behaviour there was commendable, but it's good to know you would panic and just do whatever the f* you want because you're special and everyone else who was actually in the situation doesn't have as much common sense as you do at your computer.

Your reading of the pickup driver's intentions is equally laughable.

The filmer is from Toronto. Won't let motorcycle cut by him so he blocks him lol. Shows how trained we are as a society to obey the law even in life and death situations.

A) You're kidding me right!?! You honestly think in that situation, the truck driver was trying to block the motorbike? Everyone there is in a panic and fixated on a million things around them. Look at the motorcyclist, you can tell he's in pain from the heat. No one was trying to block anyone. Everyone is trying to get the hell outta dodge.

B) Shows how trained we are? You're comment reads with a negativity that is misplaced. It's a damn proud Canadian, civilized society, moment that those folks didn't break down into a lawless free-for-all to protect each their own.

Motorcycle dude take the sidewalk and why is everyone staying in their lane. Even the cars can take the sidewalk. Shows how trained we are as a society to obey the law even in life and death situations.

Fort Mac isn't New Orleans. First watching the evac vids (got the whole set) I was amazed at the restrained and orderly fashion until I remembered the evac at Nanticoke Power Generation many moons ago. Skilled trades and higher ups deal with clusterfcks daily. Running off half cocked is a no no.

Last edited:
Pretty sure nobody died. Or was injured. Or was in serious threat of injury (until that one point where the fire got to close). Everybody's behaviour there was commendable, but it's good to know you would panic and just do whatever the f* you want because you're special and everyone else who was actually in the situation doesn't have as much common sense as you do at your computer.

Your reading of the pickup driver's intentions is equally laughable.
Menstruating?

New Orleans... first order of bidness is black folk to rob the local Walmart's and take the stuff...where? Where were they going to take flat screen TV's?Then rape, loot, and pillage taking down the white man who's trying to save their very sorry lazy *****.

Fort McMurray, single line, panicked but controlled city on fire. Everyone makes it out. Proud as a Canadian to see them caring enough for each other to not run each other over.

Imagine Philadelphia or Baltimore?!

MLadin, while I love the sentiment, I don't think comparing a city to a town is right.

Do you think Toronto would act like that or New Orleans? Wouldn't FtMac be more like Georgetown, or maybe Orangeville?

It was scary interesting to see how a few embers ignited shrubs on the non-fire side of the street and how it spread.

I've always wondered about the concept of having a dirt bike as an escape machine.

Not comparing city to town, comparing different types of people. Evacuating city or movie theatre, what kind of people do you want around you? Looters or honest working folk with First Aid training?

I've always wondered about the concept of having a dirt bike as an escape machine.

Now you kinda know. lol. In the conditions the video shows, I'd say you'd be able to flee, but carry no one else, or carry any of your important possessions. You'd be HOTTER than hell and maybe even suffer a degree of burns. Seems like a well-built pick-up is the better option.... with a dirt-bike in the bed. lol

Back
Top Bottom