CC fraud | GTAMotorcycle.com

CC fraud

inreb

Site Supporter
It finally happened, opened the visa statement to see charges from Home Depot North York. I only shop Ancaster Home Depot. The Visa card has not left my wallet all year. What's the protocol?:(

Did you buy anything at homedepot online? It can show up as a store you don't expect. If not, call cc company asap, they will cancel number and send you a new card. Sometimes you have to sign a statement saying the purchases weren't made, authorised by or benefited you, then they remove them from the bill.

It's happened a few times to me in the past (caught by cc company, not me). The most recent time, my wifes card rented a movie at redbox in vancouver, then 3 minutes later spent $1000+ at a toronto convenience store, then 10 minutes later spent another $1000+ at another convenience store. At that point the company shut down the card. I don't even know why convenience stores are able to process $1000+ transactions, obviously if you are spending that much at a convenience store fraud is involved.

Last edited:
Call your credit card company. Dispute the charges

Nope, only use cc when travelling as backup. OK, I will call visa asap.

Oh yeah tell them to put a lock down on it. If not report it stolen

Go on a spending spree at lunch, then call your CC company (800# on back of card) to report the wrong charge. They might end up reversing the charges for your lunch spending spree also. Wear your FF helmet so they don't get you on video.

Go on a spending spree at lunch, then call your CC company (800# on back of card) to report the wrong charge. They might end up reversing the charges for your lunch spending spree also. Wear your FF helmet so they don't get you on video.

this is the salve i needed while on the fone thx champ

why are they playing crap music in my ear but thanking me for my patience i guess they know this call is not going to be a money maker

edit again/ end thread

Last edited:
Might not be fraud. Could be a misapplied charge to your account by mistake from HD.

Cc company will straighten it out.

Other than the waiting in the phone, it's easy peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home depot had their system compromised a couple years ago, your card was probably one that was stolen from their system.

My bank (Scotia) gives me the option to have them send me an email every time my debit or credit cards are used. It's a great way to keep tabs on your accounts in realtime.

My bank (Scotia) gives me the option to have them send me an email every time my debit or credit cards are used. It's a great way to keep tabs on your accounts in realtime.

I could see where that would be useful (eg. second or third string cards that are rarely used), but on the main cards, that would drive me insane.

Reviewing once a month only takes a few minutes and in my experience, the card companies have quickly dealt with disputes and I have never lost money.

Pretty well every bank has paperless statements. It costs them postage and paper to mail. Email or even internet statements are faster and the best way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same just happened to my gf on her wal mart rewards card. 1100+ flight tickets with Lufthansa. Not the first time it happens with this card either.

Most of the time I don't even look at my statements anymore. I really should start again.
You should. How are supposed to know if your card is compromised?

Most of the time I don't even look at my statements anymore. I really should start again.

There is a time limit to dispute charges. You can't go and report a charge made on your account 6 months later.

So now you've got interest and always payment history since you didn't check your statements and someone made a fraudulent charge or charge in error and you end up with the fall out.

Definitely check your statements.

If it's a relatively sizeable purchase ($100+), I might notice if I look through my statement. But I pretty much only use my CC (almost never carry cash or use debit), so during a typical month I probably put 50+ transactions through it. I've had 3 or 4 page CC paper statements because of the number of transactions occasionally. I don't think I could actually remember everywhere I use the card...

@sevet I keep all my receipts them match them up with the statement.
As a side note...my wife got a call from "visa" a few weeks ago. Said her card was used to buy plane tickets. Told her to check if she still had it. She did. They said, well we need to confirm the name and number on the card. She hung up. This call was also before 7 am.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom