Are people really so thin-skinned to be offended by this? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are people really so thin-skinned to be offended by this?

El Cockblock

I actually can't believe that someone could me so moronic and make a complaint about this man's vanity plate. It's a damn license plate FF sakes!!!!

Please read and be amused... about people's stupidity.

http://on.thestar.com/1TqIKfq

Short extract:

" Late last month, the 42-year-old received a letter from the Ministry of Transportation notifying him he has 30 days to turn in the offending tag or face cancellation because it’s considered inappropriate under the ministry’s “Religion” criteria.
“Any combination that could be perceived by the general public as religious subject matter, messaging or meaning is not permitted,” reads the letter — presumably connecting the figures on the plate to 666, the “number of the beast” as described in the Bible’s Book of Revelation.
But according to D’Aloisio, nothing could be further from the truth. He said he had the plate punched 15 years ago as a memorial to his father, who died of cancer, and their shared love of hockey. "

Ok, it's stupid that the mto is retracting it 15 years later, but come on, there was no other combination to remember his father by? The chosen license plate just looks like something that was put together to avoid a filter rejecting it.

I couldn't even figure it out until I read it. Wtf? Old retirees with nothing to do?

Ok, it's stupid that the mto is retracting it 15 years later, but come on, there was no other combination to remember his father by? The chosen license plate just looks like something that was put together to avoid a filter rejecting it.

I don't care what anyone's plate says, but I agree with you. He's really grasping at straws to find any sort of correlation between it and seemingly every event that ever happened. No doubt he created the plate because he wanted a clever way to have '666.'

I'm not getting the link (No coffee yet) between 666 and hockey but I know someone who was chastised for having a red car because "That's the colour of Jesus' blood". Odd, mine too.

Any number combination of a few digits could be referring to a Bible verse so no numbers please.

I saw " FO " a few years back but my favourite was "B L A N K ". Stick that on your parking ticket.

This is stoopid. What if your plate said 999? That doesn't say 666 anymore than the vanity plate in question. The vanity plate is not three 6's in a row. If it's all about symbolism, the vanity plate isn't that symbol. Crazy people looking for trouble. Years ago I inquired the availability of something like BUMBE or something like that. The lady at the counter got all suspicious and treated me like a potential felon. It was only when I explained I wanted to link the plate to bumblebee (black/yellow bike) that she unclenched her jaw. A rethink determined vanity plates are queer so saved a few bucks there.

He's only got five characters on there. If he'd actually wanted VIE6SIX, he could have done that.

I own a Diavel. Which in " Hengrish" is translated to "Devil" Tried that plus 666 and quite a few others related to the name. All revoked. Spoke to the Department and they told me right off that anything related is not allowed.

What's next? Outlaw flaming skulls on the back of jackets or painted on bikes?

Buddy knew exactly what he was doing. His Dad/Mario excuse is weak.

Buddy knew exactly what he was doing. His Dad/Mario excuse is weak.

Probably so but wouldn't the plate actually need to have *666* on it for the debate of whether it's appropriate or not to even begin? Is it the symbol or the value of the number that is offensive? If I put 300+366 on my plate would that be offensive to those that have decoded it? I need answers.

uhm but isn't this violating his Human Rights by imposing your religious beliefs on him
maybe his favorite numbers are 666 or he wants to have Satan on his car. What if his name was Lucifer and he wanted that on his plate?

pretty stupid, more important things to deal with

Human rights discrimination, ridicule or superiority of race, religion, ethnic origin, ancestry, place of origin, citizenship, creed, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, physical characteristics, disability or political affiliation

That's brutal... I hope he at least gets a refund. How much did it cost to get a personalized plate ordered back in 2001?

I've heard of a guy with 'El Cock Block' on his windshield. I thought it was about a chicken. LoL.

Lmao

I see what you did there...

But seriously, what the hell is wrong with people? I have vanity plates on my car and bike too, I guess I'll just wait for some self righteous moron to complain.

Smh

Last edited:
every time i see flstc i think of freekin large sexually transmitted cyst am i offended dam straight

[video=youtube;bntfUA6TmLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bntfUA6TmLs[/video]

I could care less about logos...unless they are paying me to wear them or it's free gear.....but now I want to wear Monster logos down south. lol

I don't think God is thin skinned enough to worry about some logos.

Speaking about which, anyone watch Lucifer. It's funny in it's own way. Gotta catch up on the episode where Mom escapes.

Back
Top Bottom