Bike dropped for the first time! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike dropped for the first time!

JP0160

...And it wasn't me! I guess I've learned my lesson about letting people sitting on my bike. I was at a friends house and everyone was having a turn sizing themselves up. A girl was trying to put the kickstand down and the bike tipped over onto the right side. Only visible damage is a scratch on the bar end and mirror, and a very small scratch on the outermost part of the exhaust can. Nothing seems bent or cracked, and I spent a good half hour looking it over. Started up just fine, drives fine and sounds fine. I checked the fairings, levers, fork alignment, foot brake, fluids, sides of the engine, exhaust, everything seems fine.

It fell very slowly, and I grabbed the left bar before it hit. It just kind of leaned onto the ground and I hit the kill switch instantly. Anything else specific I should check? I actually didn't mind at all, it kinda feels good that it's had it's first drop, after about 4400km!

Glad there's no damage.

My personal policy with any bikes I've ever owned is that nobody sits on them unless I know they're a rider themselves...and nobody rides it unless I've ridden at least 500 or so K with them and am convinced they're a level headed and skilled rider.

Pics of the girl required so we can determine what damage may have occurred...
hahaha

Sucks....

The first time my bike was damaged was 1 week from bringing it home new from the dealership. GF's dad tapped it backing into the bike - luckily only the front fender broke and the bike stayed upright. 13k kms later, front fender still broken.

Are you single? If so, did the girl "make it up to you"? ;)

Never had an accidents involving others but I've was at McDonalds once and one of the riders threw some wrapper on the floor. A chick on a 250 ended up stepping on it when backing out her bike and down the bike went =(

油井緋色;2407049 said:
Never had an accidents involving others but I've was at McDonalds once and one of the riders threw some wrapper on the floor. A chick on a 250 ended up stepping on it when backing out her bike and down the bike went =(

Pine cone vs McD's wrapper.

Pine cone likely wins damage-wise.

...And it wasn't me! I guess I've learned my lesson about letting people sitting on my bike. I was at a friends house and everyone was having a turn sizing themselves up. A girl was trying to put the kickstand down and the bike tipped over onto the right side. Only visible damage is a scratch on the bar end and mirror, and a very small scratch on the outermost part of the exhaust can. Nothing seems bent or cracked, and I spent a good half hour looking it over. Started up just fine, drives fine and sounds fine. I checked the fairings, levers, fork alignment, foot brake, fluids, sides of the engine, exhaust, everything seems fine.

It fell very slowly, and I grabbed the left bar before it hit. It just kind of leaned onto the ground and I hit the kill switch instantly. Anything else specific I should check? I actually didn't mind at all, it kinda feels good that it's had it's first drop, after about 4400km!

Good write up. Paints a pretty grim picture. I'm glad you don't mind because I'm still shaking like a leaf.

It sounds like the bike was running. Did the test sitters know anything about bikes? All it would take is someone to mistake the shifter for a footrest and it could go bad very quickly

^ are you trying to scare the beejesus out of everybody?

It sounds like the bike was running. Did the test sitters know anything about bikes? All it would take is someone to mistake the shifter for a footrest and it could go bad very quickly

Very good point.

油井緋色;2407049 said:
Sounds like straight out of a cartoon

The bike was running, this girl is a friend of mine (not like that ;)) and she's ridden a few dirt bikes before. She might have had a couple drinks in her so I really can only blame myself for allowing it. I looked it over again with a couple buddies and everything is fine, just a couple tiny battle scars.

Sounds like straight out of a cartoon

Ever stepped on a banana?
Ever stepped on a banana putting your foot down sitting on a bike (even intentionally)?

Those bananas are slippery lol.

Ever stepped on a banana?
Ever stepped on a banana putting your foot down sitting on a bike (even intentionally)?

Those bananas are slippery lol.
He said a wrapper.

Back
Top Bottom