Help needed. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help needed.

Contact frekeyguy. He's helpful. He may want money (or maybe he will help you for free knowing there will be work down the road fixing up the bike, only way to know is to ask).

Contact frekeyguy. He's helpful. He may want money (or maybe he will help you for free knowing there will be work down the road fixing up the bike, only way to know is to ask).
Thanks, i just sent him a msg.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Personally, for a 13 yo bike with that many parts busted off, I would rather spend more and get a complete bike.

A complete and good condition 03 04 636 could be had for under 3 grand probably...this is a losing proposition. and with all due respect, if you need someone to help you look at it, buying a crashed bike is not a good idea

Why is everyone calling every ZX-6R a 636 now

I need money fast!!

$1900 firm

IT IS ONLY
FOR SALE UNTIL SATURDAY!

If not sold i am keeping it

Whenever I see an ad worded in this manor I hit the browser back button quickly, and repeatedly. No matter how good the deal seems, it's usually a good indication they're hiding more details. FYI, this is NOT a good deal

OP If you need someone to assist in looking this bike over with you, then it likely isn't the right fit for you. I agree the price is not a great deal considering the price of parts, (my cruisers tank is just over $1,000 alone), if you want the bike to again look pristine. Look at other ZX-6R's that are reasonable priced and of course despite what the ad says pre 2015 ZX-6R are 600 CC bikes, in 2015 they increased to 636. Also check insurance rates first, with some companies there can be a considerable difference between a 600 and a 636.

Ad says if it isn't sold by tomorrow he is keeping the bike. Let him deal with the damage.

that specific one is...

OP If you need someone to assist in looking this bike over with you, then it likely isn't the right fit for you. I agree the price is not a great deal considering the price of parts, (my cruisers tank is just over $1,000 alone), if you want the bike to again look pristine. Look at other ZX-6R's that are reasonable priced and of course despite what the ad says pre 2015 ZX-6R are 600 CC bikes, in 2015 they increased to 636. Also check insurance rates first, with some companies there can be a considerable difference between a 600 and a 636.

Ad says if it isn't sold by tomorrow he is keeping the bike. Let him deal with the damage.

No, not all. 03-04 and 05-06 models were 636. There was also a ZX6RR for those years that was a track only I believe to meet the 600cc AMA limits, very few were made. 636 was brought back in 2013 not 2015.

OP If you need someone to assist in looking this bike over with you, then it likely isn't the right fit for you.

+1

If you are not mechanically competent when looking at a wrecked bike, I would stay clear. Not worth the potential headaches involved. If you think you are going to get a perfectly working bike after you replace the tank and whatever the little things are, I would guess again. Something else will surely start causing problems and the bike will become a money pit trying to find and fix the issues.

It is worth the price for some peace of mind and knowing your bike is in good working order when you get on the saddle.

A complete and good condition 03 04 636 could be had for under 3 grand probably...this is a losing proposition. and with all due respect, if you need someone to help you look at it, buying a crashed bike is not a good idea

If a good condition one is <3000, the one the OP posted should be parted out (or sold as is for <800). The current owner has lost all of their money on this one.

If a good condition one is <3000, the one the OP posted should be parted out (or sold as is for <800). The current owner has lost all of their money on this one.
Yup,this is not a good deal any way you look at it. I might pay a grand for it if it runs well

Unless you're adventurous & you want to learn mechanics I would stay away as well

Unless you want a stunt bike I would run in the opposite direction. fast.

The 03-04 was 636cc.

despite what the ad says pre 2015 ZX-6R are 600 CC bikes, in 2015 they increased to 636.
Nope. 2003-2006 ZX-6R were 636cc (ZX-6RR was 599cc) as well. In European markets the 2002(late '02) ZX-6R came with a 636cc motor as well.

Ill call you in a few mins. I prob have almost another 1/2 of a 03/04 636 in bins.

Engine Size of those specific models, some where 599cc like the 05/06 ZX6RR but most were 636cc

Back
Top Bottom