Toronto to Vancouver one way... Fly with bike or Ride? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto to Vancouver one way... Fly with bike or Ride?

I gotta decide where to cross the rockies. Rogers pass or Crowsnest pass. So far weather looking better at Crowsnest.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

5lo4ex.jpg

The rig

Nice rig, there are some good roads in crow's nest and you can stop at the hotsprings to warm up. Also you will be less miserable when it get wet.
Make sure your strap will not rub on your fairing.
What i learned from experience is to better put everything in plastic bags and stuff it your bag, then strap the bag to your bike. you will get less drag and less instances that your wrap will unwrap and flap.

I'll be headed for Lethbridge today. Crows Nest and beyond will be dry tomorrow. As much as I'd like to see Banff and Rogers Pass... I'd rather stay dry.

Made it to Moosomin, SK. Soaked again. Worst luck ever on this trip.

Just one of the things that can happen on a bike trip. Sucks when your in it, but there is a sense of accomplishment when you finish. I did 2 weeks in pretty much non stop rain going out to Nova Scotia a few years back, never ridden through so much. Definitely sucked and would have preferred nice sunny days, but in the end I did it and would do it again, still enjoyable.

Safe riding!

Safe riding!

Let me know if you need assistance (storage or anything) on the vancouver end once you arrive.

I actually really enjoyed the prairie scenery. Its really different not seeing trees everywhere like back home.

Looks like an amazing trip...

Anyone else planning on doing something like this soon? I'm moving to Alberta and originally planned to trailer the bike, maybe riding would be better.

Nah this is the creepiest Welcome sign....Hyder Alaska into Steward BC

b79b043c4718365de9802f4d535549c0

Good stuff OP - that's a long haul in iffy weather

Made it to Pincher Creek. Right at the foot of the rockies. 940km ride.

@Bikerider is rockin it up!

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Shed a tear in the helmet when I saw those peaks in the distance.

vq2qf7.jpg

Shed a tear in the helmet when I saw those peaks in the distance.

vq2qf7.jpg

I really like how the longboard fit on there

1055km to go but I wont be rushing anymore. 500km each day. I can barely keep the speed limit with the rockies in sight. I was just in awe with the whole scene.

Awesome pic! I almost wish I was in your shoes.
With a user name like yours I bet lol

"Rain"

I did over 1,500 km in the rain. Makes you appreciate the good weather that much more. Its kinda cool riding to the edge of the storm clouds and slowly the sun starts showing. Prairies are cool like that.

Back
Top Bottom