Toronto to Vancouver one way... Fly with bike or Ride? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto to Vancouver one way... Fly with bike or Ride?

Shed a tear in the helmet when I saw those peaks in the distance.

vq2qf7.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

it was the exact same for us when we drove across last year to our new home. Those mountains may as well have been heaven itself. For us, and for you, it's the last leg of the journey to a new home. Enjoy the mountains - tomorrow's ride will blow your mind. We stayed at Juniper in Banff for a couple days and we loved it. You thought that the trip has been great so far - enjoy tomorrow - it's spectacular.

I can't see it well but it looks like your tires are holding well from getting squared. How do you find comfort with your stock seat?

Please post more pics.

Tires are Pirelli Angel ST. Put em on at Wheelers by Deals Gap 3 weeks ago. They are now at 5,500km. I am getting close to the wear bars in the middle on the rear.

The bike has a Sargent seat. All day comfort.

I'll post more as I ride through the rockies. Have only been stopping at gas stations and province borders thus far.

I'm impressed with Sargent seats...have one on my KLR ...how they can make a flat slab comfie is amazing.

Yes, they make a big difference over stock. I have been riding with my stock seat on my new bike that I got last June, was better then the previous BMW seats I had, but after a couple hours it really sucks, so I will be getting a Sargent again, to bad it is not compatible with the previous gen GS as I still have the seat from my last bike.

Nice work on the x-country trip. Cool pics of the bike. You made great time now enjoy the mountains!
I have a Seat concepts on my Versys and can agree with MacDoc, it looks like a slab but its very comfortable all day.

No Sargent for the CBF1000 :( ....but there might be a Shad. The Biffer is one seat the Beadrider does not completely solve....starts to get to me later in the day and looks like I'm keeping the CBF long term ...windscreen, grips etc all sorted...just the seat remains to sort.

I'm sure I can do it with the existing gear but like to be able to do more in June. Tried sheepskin but didn't seem to do much.

No Sargent for the CBF1000 :( ....but there might be a Shad. The Biffer is one seat the Beadrider does not completely solve....starts to get to me later in the day and looks like I'm keeping the CBF long term ...windscreen, grips etc all sorted...just the seat remains to sort.

I'm sure I can do it with the existing gear but like to be able to do more in June. Tried sheepskin but didn't seem to do much.

Did not realized you ride a CBF now, Canadian tire Gelseat pad works and a high touring Cal Sci windscreen

CBF1000 - Vstrom 650 in Canada and KLR650 in Aus. Really getting to love the CBF...easy to ride and goes like a scalded cat when prompted :D

152bf01c83575cae2279d274839802ca.jpg

British Columbia is on a whole other level. The scenery, the twisties, the 100km/h speed limit everywhere.

This is the promised land!!!

I've ridden across a few times. If you're comfortable with 800+km days, 6 days is doable, and so is 5 if you're in a hurry, and I'm talking about taking Canada the whole way. If you have a week, I would recommend riding across for sure. You could shave a bit of time if you cut through the US, but Canada is prettier.

For note, don't speed too badly on 17 from Wawa to the Winnipeg border, with special attention to the Marathon Ontario area; the police are bored stiff and get really cranky if you do better than +15.

I flew the motorcycle to Vancouver a month ago with Air Canada Cargo. Their prices are hard to beat. I also got prices from a couple ground transport companies, and they were similarly priced to ACC, but with 1.5-2.5 week delivery windows as opposed to the same-day delivery window enjoyed with ACC. I flew an hour after the bike, and the bike was nearly ready for me when I landed in Vancouver. The timing and convenience is excellent.

Yup .....good for you. Crow's Nest?
Ye I went on the Crowsnest HWY. It was ok on the Alberta side but Once I got to BC and especially the Kootenays...its just spectacular.

Calling it a night at Grand Forks. Time to top of the oil and adjust that chain again.

This old Tuono is holding up pretty good. Only used about 500ml of oil over the 4,000 km. The chain is taking some serious stretching tho. She is up to 69,000 km now. 12,000 are mine since September 2015.

I cant believe how smooth this v-twin is at hwy speed. The vibes are barely noticeable. Its more smooth than my Bandit 1200 was. I haven't used the throttle rocker once, even through the prairies.

Mine was originally a US bike. They never made it to Canada. Its a 990 Rotax engine. Pretty much bullet proof.

I tried to sell it earlier before I was committed to this trip but after the trip to North Carolina, it came off the market.

The bike has good comfort for long days but absolutely shreds in the twisties.

Back
Top Bottom