Toronto to Vancouver one way... Fly with bike or Ride? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto to Vancouver one way... Fly with bike or Ride?

You said you were moving to Vancouver.
How are you sending your furniture and other stuff to the west coast.
If it's with a moving van, just put the bike in the back of the truck.

You said you were moving to Vancouver.
How are you sending your furniture and other stuff to the west coast.
If it's with a moving van, just put the bike in the back of the truck.

I sold everything on Kijiji and will start fresh there. Only bringing clothes and essentials.

Looks like I have more time than I thought. I can leave on Sunday or Monday of the long weekend and can have 7-9 days. Any must do things along the way through Canada? I am set on Canadian route because I will be able to write off the trip as a relocation for tax reasons.

From here to Manitoba, maybe Sudbury Science Center, Big Nickle...ummm?
From Manitoba to Calgary...zzzzzzzzzz?????
Calgary to Van, the Rockies, Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, ummm?

Used to do TO to VAN every summer for a few years. First time was Trans Canada. Every time after was thru the US. No worries about gas and my bike at the time did about 200km give or take to a tank.

The US route is more interesting, but if you just want to slab it, the Prairies is a straight line.....zzzzzzz.

I've only taken the US route going there and back, and it's not like the US route is void of boring straight lines.

Best example of a boring, flat, straight road I've ever seen - I-94 going through North Dakota. Google map that thing. :sleepy1:

Yeah ...gf and I were doing that route and the gps came up with a weird number to the next turn ...had her look at it and confirm 914 KM !!!!!

I moved from TO to Van last summer and we took our time driving across, exactly for the reason above - when will we ever get the chance to do it again. It was amazing. Aside from hitting some nasty prairie weather one day we loved it all.

We we went over the top of superior and it was spectacular. Watch the size of your gas tank - there were very very long stretches without stations. May be tough for some bikes. Look into that.

ride safe and enjoy it. Even the "boring" prairies were inspiring. Definitely happy we did it although it's a lot easier in a SUV.

Wish I could've enjoyed my ride there and back. I moved for one year for grad school, so I was broke going there and even more broke coming back. Now that I have a job, I can afford to enjoy the trip but don't have the time. Damn life.

Day 1 complete. Vaughan to Wawa in 10.5 hours. 884km. Best part was Sault St. Marie to Wawa. Very scenic ride in the costal highland of Lake Superior.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

do you have a car? you can get a lightweight trailer to tow your bike, hmmm i got one for sale :)

but personally I will ride it there. 4 long days can be done but 6 is enough to enjoy

Day 2 Done. 10 hours ride to Dryden Ontario, 810km. It rained all day and I encountered a lot of fog. Its amazing how isolated you feel once you get north of Thunder Bay.

Damn, still in Ontario after 20 hours.

Canada. It's large.

handshake.gif

If it didn't rain I could have made better time. Had to stop more often to warm up.

Up here its just bush, towns are spaced 100km apart and are tiny.

Pretty cool feeling.

Hopefully it wont be downpour like today.

Kind of excited for the prairies to be honest but that will wear off pretty fast.

You might get underneath it as it is moving north quickly.
Good luck....that's quite the pace....so which is worse....rain or bugs?

I didn't have any issues with bugs at all. The one time I had to stop to put rain gear by lake superior sucked but otherwise nothing.

It rained 7 out of the 10 hours of riding. A lot of it down pour. All my "waterproof" stuff failed but I had enough layers to keep my core dry which keeps you warm.

It was intense north of Thunder Bay because lightning was hitting all around me and I was pretty much alone on the road.

Tomorrows goal is to cross SK border.

Made it to Moosomin, SK. Soaked again. Worst luck ever on this trip.

Back
Top Bottom