How Do They Get Away With It? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How Do They Get Away With It?

spmcleod

Although I'm no fan of it I'm sure all of you have seen videos on YouTube of swarms of stunt bikers doing craziness in the streets and when the cops come they gun it away or lead them on for miles in a huge group.

My question is how do they get away with it? Doesn't the cop just jot down the plate and you're pooched? And if they don't have a plate don't they just risk getting pulled over at every turn no matter what they're doing?

Tinted shields and long sleeve shirts. AFAIK if you cannot identify the rider, it is hard to lay charges in most jurisdictions.

Although I'm no fan of it I'm sure all of you have seen videos on YouTube of swarms of stunt bikers doing craziness in the streets and when the cops come they gun it away or lead them on for miles in a huge group.

My question is how do they get away with it? Doesn't the cop just jot down the plate and you're pooched? And if they don't have a plate don't they just risk getting pulled over at every turn no matter what they're doing?

you mean like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is4U7Dsj_Zs

One doosh ran into another one.. they didnt quite get away.. and guys like the guy filming has got a lot of them on video.

No plates, stolen plates, all but unpossible to see plates.

You're assuming all the bikes have plates. Plates that are linked to the person riding the bike at that moment. Plates that are legitimate. Plates at all.

OP watch that video posted tell me how many plates you can actually see, they either have NO plate, or they are bent up or down so as to be unreadable from a cruiser.. Besides with that many riders the officer can only get one or two so the law of averages are with the riders.

Also can't charge a rider unless you can identify them. In this video he can identify the two that crashed. The rider that hit the other bike was likely charged with dangerous, or if the have an equivalent of Ontario's S172, then he would likely have got that type of charge. The rider that got hit can argue at the time of the collision he wasn't speeding, nor riding illegally. He will say the video shows him maintaining his lane and following the cruiser at a proper distance. He "might" have got a plate infraction, or no insurance etc if those weren't in order.

I've looked at these videos and wondered how can the cops stop this many yahoos in a pack.
Then it dawned on me.
The cars that they use for starting harness races.
Get in front of the pack, deploy the gates and slow down.
Note: All juristictions that use this method will owe me 10% of fines collected the first year. :)

I've looked at these videos and wondered how can the cops stop this many yahoos in a pack.
Then it dawned on me.
The cars that they use for starting harness races.
Get in front of the pack, deploy the gates and slow down.
Note: All juristictions that use this method will owe me 10% of fines collected the first year. :)
Heh. Good idea

There's a few videos out there - check out " ride of the century " where riders will cross over the grass median to avoid the rolling blocks the LEOs try to establish.

Not too many actual plates in most of those videos, and they are in the United States of America.

Nuff said?

I don't mean to accuse you but if you're thinking about doing this, don't lol

This.

It will be an uphill battle for the cops to get the charges to stick.

It's a long shot, but if they really wanted to they can go techie. (like they probably did for the Victoria BC rider that got caught uploading a vid to youtube)

1. Youtube complies with law enforcement.
2. Acquire IP from where the user uploaded the video and reference other account activity.
3. Acquire MAC address from the device used to upload the video.
4. Get warrant
5. Go to house, match bike, match IP, match MAC address, match gear and distinctive marks on bike from other videos. If the person is living by them self, I'd think that it would be beyond resonable doubt that that would be the guy....

Maybe I'm just talking **** though..

Last edited:
油井緋色;2407047 said:
I don't mean to accuse you but if you're thinking about doing this, don't lol

Haha no chance... I don't even like riding with more than one other bike at a time!

It's a long shot, but if they really wanted to they can go techie. (like they probably did for the Victoria BC rider that got caught uploading a vid to youtube)

1. Youtube complies with law enforcement.
2. Acquire IP from where the user uploaded the video and reference other account activity.
3. Acquire MAC address from the device used to upload the video.
4. Get warrant
5. Go to house, match bike, match IP, match MAC address, match gear and distinctive marks on bike from other videos. If the person is living by them self, I'd think that it would be beyond resonable doubt that that would be the guy....

Maybe I'm just talking **** though..
They actually matched a couple of unique marking on the bikes dash as seen on the video to identify the actual bike when it was traced. From memory, I think someone dobbed him in? Can anyone remember?

Also can't charge a rider unless you can identify them.

With these sorts of scenarios amongst the hooligan crowd becoming more and more commonplace, how long until the law changes to simply remove that requirement? IE the same as how insurance works - you lend your bike to someone and they crash it, you're on the hook for everything that happened, so potentially the same thing for the HTA - you are liable for anything that happens on a motorcycle registered to your name, all they need is a plate. Hell, maybe it'll go hand in hand with insurance companies removing the allowances that let you "lend" your bike to anyone, so the only person that could ride it would be you without exception.

Basically, in the end, running from the law is absolute liability, the same as the "flying truck tire" law (HTA 84.1) here in Ontario where there's no defence, there's no debate...if it happens, the registered owner gets charged, end of story.

I know motorcyclists will cry about this as being reprehensible, but honestly, hooligan fests and idiots who consider running to be the solution to even the sight of a cruiser in their mirrors are going to bring something like this on themselves and have only themselves to blame. I just hope that if this sort of thing happens it's done in such a way that it only targets the idiots that deserve it and doesn't hose up the rest of us who aren't idiots out there....you know how the government likes to cast a wide net and all.

Back
Top Bottom