RIM Cleaners | GTAMotorcycle.com

RIM Cleaners

Kerosene. Buy it from the camping section at Canadian Tire.

By RIM, do you mean Research In Motion?

Re: Wheel Rim Cleaners

lol...no i should of used lowercase wheel rims...would Kerosene affect the chain lube?...anything less manual just want to spray and wash?..yes I could put kerosene in a spray bottle and go from there...

Last edited:
what kind of gunk do you have? is it sticky old lube? or dirt ?

dirt and brake dust...mostly

you can get most of that off with warm soapy water, or wash wash.

a lot people (cruiser market) love this stripper juice stuff.

but any wheels cleaner, or solvent would get that off.

Specialty wheel cleaners are snake oil. Wd40 or kerosene. Spray it on a shop towel and wipe the wheel. Once clean, wipe off residue with a dry shop towel.

you can get most of that off with warm soapy water, or wash wash.

a lot people (cruiser market) love this stripper juice stuff.

but any wheels cleaner, or solvent would get that off.
Stripper juice? I'm looking for a good product for my chrome spokes. What is this?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

It's not rocket science. Any degreaser will work. Spray 9, Simple Green, whatever. Will also work on your chrome spokes, Joe.

via Tapatalk

I use Simple Green with a microfiber towel for most of it. For stubborn bits I spritz a bit of brake-cleaner onto a MF towel and buff that area a bit more. Then I use spray detailer to get the wheels to shine a bit

None of these chemicals can be allowed to come anywhere near the road-surface of the tire. Spray the stuff onto a rag and wipe it on the wheel, then off with a clean towel. Don't shine the tires themselves (more slippery badness...)

lol...no i should of used lowercase wheel rims...would Kerosene affect the chain lube?...anything less manual just want to spray and wash?..yes I could put kerosene in a spray bottle and go from there...
kerosene is also used to clean the chain so it wouldn't damage it. But clean the chain while doing the wheels and relube and you're good to go.

I've had decent luck with just Pledge.

Once I got a car repaired and it came back with mint looking wheels when they looked like utter garbage when I brought it in. I asked them if they spent forever scrubbing my wheels. They said, "No, here's what you do. Go to Canadian Tire and go to the wheel cleaner section. Look for the pinkest, girliest looking product you can find on the shelf. That stuff will clean off anything without no effort and not wreck your wheels."

I bought a bottle based on that description although I've not yet tried it myself.

I rinse with water; spray on Meguires Aluminum Wheel Cleaner,; use my wheel wash mitt, and then water to rinse off.

Specialty wheel cleaners are snake oil. Wd40 or kerosene. Spray it on a shop towel and wipe the wheel. Once clean, wipe off residue with a dry shop towel.

+1

I personally use kerosene but both work well and this easy.

+1 for kerosene.
Lately I been using down dish washing detrgent for a milder than kerosene degreaser. I find it's better than simple green. It's also not as harsh as gojo on hands and almost as good. In the summer I use a few drops of down with water for windshield washer fluid.

Elbow grease?

Try hot soapy water and degreaser. No abrasive materials

Back
Top Bottom