Insurnace Trick or Fraud? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurnace Trick or Fraud?

From a paralegal website:

Make False Statement of Insurance – Possession of false or invalid Insurance Card

The Ministry of Transportation of Ontario requires that the owner of a motor vehicle make a statement that the vehicle was insured.
The ministry requires this statement before they will issue a licence plate validation sticker for the vehicle, the transfer of a permit or any other documents to make a statement that the vehicle is covered by liability insurance.

If the applicant makes a false statement to the Ministry of Transportation, that person commits the offence of Making a False statement. The penalty for this offence is ten thousand dollars ($10,000).

When I asked my friend how he is able to pay crazy rates for his bike he showed me a slip he had with him and told me he paid $300 for it. The slip had a policy number and all of his details. He said he knew a guy who "hooked" him up and that if he ever was to get pulled over he would simply show it to the officer, as they don't run the slips.

Simply put, the stupidity of people these days never ceases to amaze me...

You are telling me.

Other than being stupid for not having insurance - 300 beans is incredibly stupid to pay for a piece of paper. Is it really $300 worth of work to produce a forgery?

I got sued for 1 million. Thankfully I had insurance. Think on that.

Never been asked for proof of ins. when renewing the sticker. There is a spot on the form for it though. If it's filled out, I don't think they care. Used to get the sticker on a new bike ages ago and put "Rider" on that part....as in Insurance rider policy.

They care.

Every year I pay my insurance when the renewal comes up. A couple of months later when winter arrives I cancel a portion of it on the car that I garage for the winter.

Before winter is out, I can count on getting a letter from the Ministry of Transport advising me that they are aware that the mandatory insurance coverage on the vehicle is no longer in effect, and reminding me that the car must be insured if it is going to be driven on the road. It would appear that they do track cancellations or suspensions of insurance coverage.

They care.

Every year I pay my insurance when the renewal comes up. A couple of months later when winter arrives I cancel a portion of it on the car that I garage for the winter.

Before winter is out, I can count on getting a letter from the Ministry of Transport advising me that they are aware that the mandatory insurance coverage on the vehicle is no longer in effect, and reminding me that the car must be insured if it is going to be driven on the road. It would appear that they do track cancellations or suspensions of insurance coverage.

Hard to beleive ministry of transport would track insurance on vehicles. You sir must be of utmost importance for MTO track your vehicles being insured or not and sending you notification haha.MTO would need to hire 10000 new employees to verify coverage and notify on almost 11 000 000 vehicles.

Last edited:
Hard to beleive ministry of transport would track insurance on vehicles. You sir must be of utmost importance for MTO track your vehicles being insured or not and sending you notification haha.MTO would need to hire 10000 new employees to verify coverage and notify on almost 11 000 000 vehicles I think not so for ***** and giggles next renewal before this months end gonna write down PAPA JOHN as my insurer and see if it passes.

Take your head out of the sand. Or the septic bed. Computers make tracking insurance easy enough. http://www.cooperators.ca/en/Insurance/auto/special-programs-landing/uninsured-vehicles.aspx

Mai Friend is into all kinds of **** around here
Hell yes! Lmao
/end thread

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

If they aren't they should be soon. It might depend on the privacy legislation. Government seems to be assuming for the current period that people are being defrauded by con artists pretending to be insurance salesmen. This might be to get word out, and allow people to come forward and get legal, before the big push comes, and they start throwing the book at people. If I was a cop handing out several tickets to someone, $10,000+ would make it worth checking out. But, you'd be better off asking a real cop the question.

What happens if you friend passes by that cop car rigged with cameras that scan 2 license plates per seconded and quickly checks for all the info? Now he has to pay a lot more or take the huge risk and try to out run.

BTW the last time i was pulled over I was only asked for drivers license and not for insurance, likely they can see if there is insurance just from my license.

From what I understand the OPP now have the tools (via their in car computers) to verify insurance roadside. Local police departments may not have the tech in-car but (again, as I understand it) can still verify insurance if they feel so inclined, as they may decide to do with a dodgy looking slip with probably dodgy looking information on it.

So, your friend is a dumbass paying $300 for a slip or paper that won't really do squat except fast track him to at least $15,000.00 in fines.

And yeah, there's that whole "You're not actually insured" thing on top of it all, should he ever get in an accident...or get sued, stuff like that. :rolleyes:

But $300 bro. I saved enough for like, 20 douchevests and a bunch of flip flops dude. Does your friend ride a gixxer sixxer by any chance?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Cops might not run slips but there's nothing stopping them from calling it in and verifying if they feel like. Then you're ****ed.

Had a cop pull me over rushing to an 8am exam around the corner from school a couple years back. He felt like calling it in to check but the company was still closed, I told him I have an exam to write and he was making me late. He ended up taking pictures and said he would be calling it in to verify. I didn't give a **** really, I've gotten over a dozen tickets but my paperwork is always legit.

If you're a sunny days pussy boy rider sure you may get away with it, but if you're a real rider whose gonna be on the bike day in and day out you don't want to constantly be having to look over your shoulder always be on guard mode for cops. Riding street in the GTA is hectic enough on its own.

Last edited:
A guy I worked with had one of these for his car and got pulled over. The cop ran it through the system, nothing came up. He called directly but it was a fake number. He called the station and got another officer to verify the information and found it to be fake. This got him in a lot of trouble. Another friend who was riding a motorcycle got away with it for a few months before deciding it wasn't worth the risk.t Is it? Hard to say, the fact that insurance companies are allowed to legally gouge us, I'd say recreational vehicles shouldn't require insurance, like in Florida.

$300 dollars for some pink paper....your friend is a bright man...

OP your friend and folks like him a partially the reason why our insurance is so high.

Last edited:
They care.

Same thing here: Put the car away for winter, "withdraw from use" insurance-wise, letter from the MoT. I have had problems in the past trying to renew my plate early. My b-day is in March so for my active vehicles I need to renew Feb at the latest. I tried to renew the Mustang then too but was told they were unable due to its insurance coverage at the time. I had to make a second trip to Service Ontario in April to get it on the road. It also means I need to put the insurance back on the car a few weeks ahead of time to allow this information to filter down from the insurance company to the Ministry.

There's definitely communication happening between insurance companies and the MoT on this issue.

A guy I worked with had one of these for his car and got pulled over. The cop ran it through the system, nothing came up. He called directly but it was a fake number. He called the station and got another officer to verify the information and found it to be fake. This got him in a lot of trouble. Another friend who was riding a motorcycle got away with it for a few months before deciding it wasn't worth the risk.t Is it? Hard to say, the fact that insurance companies are allowed to legally gouge us, I'd say recreational vehicles shouldn't require insurance, like in Florida.

Given the insurance situation in Ontario right now it wouldn't surprise me if police soon had blitzes the main point of which was to check the validity of one's registration and insurance paperwork.

Given the insurance situation in Ontario right now it wouldn't surprise me if police soon had blitzes the main point of which was to check the validity of one's registration and insurance paperwork.

Although not to discount the issue, I think the number of people driving without insurance is statistically probably quite low. Perhaps higher in the MC crowd but that's another story.

If the police are going to do blitzes I would much rather they focus their efforts on clueless idiots who can't drive, or aggressive & dangerous drivers with a flagrant disregard for the law – I suspect along with targeting those sorts, catching people without insurance will come as part of the process.

Back
Top Bottom