Insurnace Trick or Fraud? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurnace Trick or Fraud?

I do work in the insurance industry and I CAN confirm that the police DO make roadside calls to insurers to confirm the validity of slips. I have personally told cops that the person that they have pulled over right in front of them is uninsured and that his slips are bogus. There are no 'tricks'. There is the price and you pay it one way or another.

Police and MTO can confirm on the spot if the pink card is valid or not, however like the the above post says, we do get the odd call confirming if there is coverage

Yes, actually the police, MTO and insurance data bank are all hooked up where they can get the information right away. The police and MTO will know if you have valid insurance right away and a lot of the police cars are set up with cameras to check for just that.....valid insurance and drivers licence. On the other hand the insurance company can find out right away about your driving record.....

The mounted policy cameras on the vehicles must be working as we have seen an increase of "Driving Without Insurance" convictions on people's record, and I can assure everyone there are more than what we would think there is.
I've encounter a situation this week where the driver has been caught 3 times driving without insurance and has a suspended license.
Can't even get insurance with a suspended license and I doubt it very much the license will be reinstate until he pays his $5000X3 fine for driving without insurance.

If this person couldn't afford insurance before, the hole is getting deeper and deeper, let's just say if you're making minimum wage, the year's salary is not enough to pay for the insurance

The mounted policy cameras on the vehicles must be working as we have seen an increase of "Driving Without Insurance" convictions on people's record, and I can assure everyone there are more than what we would think there is.
I've encounter a situation this week where the driver has been caught 3 times driving without insurance and has a suspended license.
Can't even get insurance with a suspended license and I doubt it very much the license will be reinstate until he pays his $5000X3 fine for driving without insurance.

If this person couldn't afford insurance before, the hole is getting deeper and deeper, let's just say if you're making minimum wage, the year's salary is not enough to pay for the insurance

Is there a cap on facility rates or can they approach infinity with enough convictions?

Is there a cap on facility rates or can they approach infinity with enough convictions?

There is no cap.

For example: every serious convictions you get a 100% surcharge on the total premium, so if you have 3 serious convictions it's 300% surchage
4 minor convictions it's a 25% surcharge and 15% for each additional conviction after that.

It just keeps going and going and going

Highest premium I've quoted was $52,000, :shock:

There is no cap.

For example: every serious convictions you get a 100% surcharge on the total premium, so if you have 3 serious convictions it's 300% surchage
4 minor convictions it's a 25% surcharge and 15% for each additional conviction after that.

It just keeps going and going and going

Highest premium I've quoted was $52,000, :shock:

seems cheaper to rent a car or have Ubers on standby...lol

Back
Top Bottom