I guess I'm part of the "club" now. | GTAMotorcycle.com

I guess I'm part of the "club" now.

slowbird

Tonight I was riding home (westbound on Queen heading towards Dufferin) when a car turned into me and put me into the curb/sidewalk.

I am super thankful that the cager stayed and by-standards came to my aid right away and called 911/picked up my bike for me.

Hit my head pretty hard when I came down. My new Shoei helmet did its job but I gotta one hell of a headache.

Ankle hurts too. So does my shoulder. I was wearing all my gear (most of it new too) and it did its job and is showing the battle scars.

im just waiting now in Emerg to get assessed.

i really hope the cages gets 100% fault and all this gets covered.

my poor bike

Sorry to hear that, gws dude

At least you're well enough to be typing this =)

Back from 5+hours at Toronto Western Hospital.

Mild Concussion. Many sprains. Lots of pain. But I'll live and I'm super thankful for it.

Anyone know of a good Motorcycle repair/bodyshop that I could take the bike too if/when they decide it was all the cagers fault?

Anyone else know how this goes with claiming and replacing my gear?

Hope all goes well

Thanks for all the support and well wishes everyone. Gotta admit it helped me while I was waiting in the Emerg by myself for soo many hours.

Back from 5+hours at Toronto Western Hospital.

Mild Concussion. Many sprains. Lots of pain. But I'll live and I'm super thankful for it.

Anyone know of a good Motorcycle repair/bodyshop that I could take the bike too if/when they decide it was all the cagers fault?

Anyone else know how this goes with claiming and replacing my gear?

Call you insurance provider, let them know you were in a calamity, you should have an incident report # from the police, or can obtain one. You ins provider should be able to recommend a repair place (you are under NO obligation to use thier repair place, you can go where you wish), tell them about your gear so its included in the claim.

You'll feel worse tomorrow than you do today, take the meds and follow directions and Get well soon. Everything can be replaced except you....

Sorry to hear this but glad it wasn't worse. Nursing the head bump is the first priority. GWS.

I can't see how this could be anything but 100% the fault of the other vehicle. I've used Markham Outdoor Power as a shop for damaged Hondas in the past, and they've been quite good. I wouldn't waste your time with a body shop though - take it to a bike dealer. They'll have better access to parts and can better assess the condition of the bike. Also I can't imagine that anything would need to be "repaired" by a body shop (banging out dents and straightening frames etc) - it'll be about parts replacement...

Glad you're ok. Sorry to hear you're in the club...

Glad you're (mostly) OK and your gear did it's thing, the squidders wouldn't have fared so well.

I agree with others, get ahold of your insurance company ASAP and get things rolling. When fault is sorted out (did you actually impact the other vehicle?) the insurance company will pay for everything that needs to be replaced. Your helmet is zero question, once it's been in an accident it's garbage...your gear, make sure to go down the same avenue IF they balk at replacing it all by suggesting that it's just "cosmetic" damage - tell them you are not comfortable knowing that it's been in an accident now and may not be structurally sound - possibly concealed broken stitching, damaged armour, that sort of thing. Insist on getting anything that was even scratched, bumped, or impacted in any way in the accident replaced.

GWS. The season is early, once you heal up and get your bike back you should still be able to make a good season out of it. :)

Definitely not one of the clubs to be a member.

Take all the time you need to recover. May seem minor at the time but, might take a few days or more before things are really on the mend.

Glad your ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call up your insurance, and go through the claims process.

Did the cage get a ticket ?

Glad it wasn't worse. Give all the details to your ins. especially if you have a report or at least the cagers ins. info. You should be covered under no-fault. Your ins. pays and they go after the other company at the end of the year to balance the books. Chances are that the bike will be a write off if enough bodywork, etc is damaged(doesn't take a lot). You can negotiate a buy back and fix it yourself.

Glad to hear you're ok for the most part. Hope for a speedy recover. Crankcall has good advice.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Good to hear that you're relatively ok. Rest up and get better soon.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom