Where to park in my condo garage? Help me choose one of these options | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to park in my condo garage? Help me choose one of these options

Park it behind you car and tie it down and cover it up if you got an option. Anytime you're going to be away for longer periods, move it to parent's garage. It's only a bike if it gets stolen it gets stolen, get another one and move on.

I don't know why condo garages are feared. I just stayed at an airBNB downtown (bloor and Bathurst) and not only would it be difficult for a random "guest" to enter the tenant parking area, but I also saw (from the guest parking side, past a fence) two bikes, and in such an "urban" environment, they would surely be stolen no?

My garage door stays open for like 20 seconds after a car passes, super easy to just trail someone down. A few bikes have been stolen from my parking garage in the past. I spoke to someone who had their Grom stolen not far from where I park. The struggle is real

Reason I ask is because I'm moving into a newly built condo soon and intend to park the bike (and potentially an addition for the wife) behind my car. If it's blocked in and covered, I don't really see the risk.

Regarding the van...lots of condos also have a rule that all vehicles must be plated and functional....so the van would have to both work and also be insured. Granted, I can see them looking for a plate on it...but probably not checking the sticker.

Reason I ask is because I'm moving into a newly built condo soon and intend to park the bike (and potentially an addition for the wife) behind my car. If it's blocked in and covered, I don't really see the risk.

You might want to check the parking rules for your new condo. You may. (unless one of your parking neighbors ******* about it), get away with parking your bike behind your car. But given the size of the spaces your not likely going to be able to get two bikes and a car in one spot. The condo board will likely want to make you buy a second spot.

I worked condo security for a while and its really rough trying to stop the bike thieves. They always follow someone in with a van (they tend to use regular mini vans with stolen plates now so they are hard to recognize even on CCTV) and thieve anything they can get their hands on.

Chains DO NOT WORK. There was one of the thickest, sturdiest chains I've seen and it was cut likely within minutes and the SS taken.

Making your bike inaccessible by parking a car in front of it would help but unless your condo has a locked bike cage, I would park it somewhere else.

The police just do not seem to care enough to try to do anything.

Last edited:
I worked condo security for a while and its really rough trying to stop the bike thieves. They always follow someone in with a van (they tend to use regular mini vans with stolen plates now so they are hard to recognize even on CCTV) and thieve anything they can get their hands on.

Chains DO NOT WORK. There was one of the thickest, sturdiest chains I've seen and it was cut likely within minutes and the SS taken.

Making your bike inaccessible by parking a car in front of it would help but unless your condo has a locked bike cage, I would park it somewhere else.

The police just do not seem to care enough to try to do anything.

How often were they stolen? Spring and Autumn ? Sport bikes??

Back
Top Bottom