HD Street 750 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

HD Street 750

http://overdrive.in/news/are-curren...g-a-free-brakes-upgrade-from-harley-davidson/

According to this report, the brakes were improved in the 2016 model. Some dealers in India are offering to retrofit the 2016 brakes to the 2015 models for 60,000 Rupees ($1,157.55 CDN).

It seems crazy to me that HD did a good job on the engine and then put pathetic brakes on the bike; especially considering it is a bike geared towards new riders and new HD riders. The engine would cost a lot of money to research and develop. How hard is it to engineer or develop a decent braking system for the bike?

It seems crazy to me that HD did a good job on the engine and then put pathetic brakes on the bike; especially considering it is a bike geared towards new riders and new HD riders. The engine would cost a lot of money to research and develop. How hard is it to engineer or develop a decent braking system for the bike?

But a single front disc looks so much better!!! Typically HD design. The bike weighs 500lbs wet, even a ninja 300 at 385lbs has double discs. Not to mention that the typical harley rider is going to outweigh the typical ninja rider.

But a single front disc looks so much better!!! Typically HD design. The bike weighs 500lbs wet, even a ninja 300 at 385lbs has double discs. Not to mention that the typical harley rider is going to outweigh the typical ninja rider.

Agreed... If they really want to stay with a single disc brake for styling purposes then go with either a double or quad piston caliper design and back it up with a generous sized master cylinder. Or, make it look like a muscle cruiser like Kawi has done with the Vulcan S and then a dual front disc would fit the design better. Again, weird that they made a good engine for the bike and then put pathetic brakes on the bike. The 500 and 750 Street are used in some riding schools and if the bikes have crappy brakes etc what kind of impression is that going to make on new riders? Seems like they are losing a golden opportunity to bring different riders into the brand.

Sorry for your crash on the highway sir, but you should have known those brakes were only made for the city.

Let's just hope the city isn't San Francisco where you need brakes on the hills pretty much all the time....

I'd have to check what caliper and rotor is used on the Street 750 but my '11 Sportster had a single disk up front and I had no problem hooning around TMP for an afternoon. Mind you, I had EBC HH+ pads on the front and the rotor was blue afterwards but I never thought "these brakes are dangerous". Guess I'll have to do a demo ride on one to see for myself.

Back
Top Bottom