HD Street 750 | GTAMotorcycle.com

HD Street 750

DejaVu

I took out a Street 750 at Davies HD demo day on the weekend. Rated at about 55 HP with about 44 ft-lbs of torque, about 475 lbs wet, about 45 mpg, $10,000. A bit smaller and a bit stronger than my 500 Vulcan, it felt a bit more cramped than my bike. Smooth and quiet, nice acceleration, enough to stretch my arms when I cranked it. I would be happy to have one, though I wouldn't want to pay $10k for the privilege.

Here's Lemmy's review: http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/2015-harley-davidson-street-750-review

As he points out, the obvious competition for this bike are the Vulcan S and the Honda Shadow

Last edited:
Rode one. Brakes are beyond pathetic. I had to squeeze the front brake lever to the handlebar (literally) to get them to do anything. This is apparently a common issue with the bike.
I was surprised at the motor and how peppy it was though - they did a good job on that part of the bike, but that's the only good thing I can say about it.

Rode one. Brakes are beyond pathetic. I had to squeeze the front brake lever to the handlebar (literally) to get them to do anything. This is apparently a common issue with the bike.
I was surprised at the motor and how peppy it was though - they did a good job on that part of the bike, but that's the only good thing I can say about it.

Lemmy had the same comment about the brakes. He seemed to think that upgrading the pads and brake lines would solve the problem; I doubt that he actually tested out the idea on his demo bike, though

Here's another review I read after riding the bike myself. Complete brake failure after 3 hard stops.
http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/harley-davidson-street-750s-brakes-completely-fail-in-m-1729350316
HD said there was no problem or defect with the bike and all was found to be proper... egads...

My girlfriend really wanted one of the 750's, and I firmly put the "NO WAY" on that after the ride. I don't believe that new lines or pads would fix the problem. You'd need a new master cylinder that exerts more pressure and new callipers as well IMHO.

I took out a Street 750 at Davies HD demo day on the weekend. Rated at about 55 HP with about 44 ft-lbs of torque, about 475 lbs wet, about 45 mpg, $10,000. A bit smaller and a bit stronger than my 500 Vulcan, it felt a bit more cramped than my bike. Smooth and quiet, nice acceleration, enough to stretch my arms when I cranked it. I would be happy to have one, though I wouldn't want to pay $10k for the privilege.

Here's Lemmy's review: http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/2015-harley-davidson-street-750-review

As he points out, the obvious competition for this bike are the Vulcan S and the Honda Shadow

test ride a Vulcan 900. The classic style give you more space for taller ppl. The custom looks decent too.

test ride a Vulcan 900. The classic style give you more space for taller ppl. The custom looks decent too.

I tried a Suzuki C50 and VSTrom 650 last year and liked them both. I guess I'm easy to please, though I have never been very interested in a Honda Shadow or Star 650

I'd like to try out both a Vulcan S and a Vulcan 900. I'm beginning to enjoy demo days, but I still don't have the gall to ask a salesman for a demo ride if I'm just kicking tires...it would be so nice if Kawasaki would bring back their demo days

I tried a Suzuki C50 and VSTrom 650 last year and liked them both. I guess I'm easy to please, though I have never been very interested in a Honda Shadow or Star 650

I'd like to try out both a Vulcan S and a Vulcan 900. I'm beginning to enjoy demo days, but I still don't have the gall to ask a salesman for a demo ride if I'm just kicking tires...it would be so nice if Kawasaki would bring back their demo days

just go sit on them to start, get the feeling and see the different options.The
Star and Shadow 650/750 are under powered imo.

I am pretty impressed what you get with the Vulcan 900 series. Buy a used one, save your money.

Did you test ride the Sportster 883? I liked it but it, too, is expensive.
Why buy new sportster when 8 year old one is the same . Many out there in the used market .

As to the brakes on the 750 . The bike was made for urban riding . The brakes are probably more than adequate .

Why buy new sportster when 8 year old one is the same . Many out there in the used market .

As to the brakes on the 750 . The bike was made for urban riding . The brakes are probably more than adequate .

not words you want to hear

An 8 year old Sportster is not the same, c'mon man.

Did you test ride the Sportster 883? I liked it but it, too, is expensive.

No, this bike was the only one I tried. Once I told the boss that I only had two years experience on a 500, he wasn't inclined to put me on anything bigger. I expect that the 750 is quicker than the 883, in any case.

An 8 year old Sportster is not the same, c'mon man.

I have to admit this is just a bias of mine, not a fact. HDs seem like high-maintenance machines, so every time I think about buying a used HD, I imagine all the half-arsed backyard mechanics who have tried to save a few bucks by doing their own service, but screwed up the bike as a result.

If I had the skills to do all my own work, and do it properly, buying used might seem a lot more appealing.

I really want HD to produce a decent liquid cooled enter level bike.

I wanted to like the 550/750 but, just couldn't.

If HD could do what Triumph has done with their Bonnie's this year for the Sportster line up, that would be great.

You can find decent priced 883/1200 Sportsters used. New?

I can't afford Tee shirt from HD, let alone a bike.

Meh, that's not entirely true. Some HD off the showroom floor are priced in the same league as competitors.

So, I might get a touring model when the time is right.

HD makes fun bikes just... expensive.

I did demo a demo ride on the Shadow 750. Did not like it. It's too heavy for a small cruiser.
I did demo rides on the 883 and Street 750. Street 750 feels like a feather once I got it going. They are both very easy to control. Handling the 883 is slightly different because of the big front wheel.
I scraped the peg a few times. It was fun.

I think these two small HDs are perfect for girls.

HD makes fun bikes just... expensive.

I did demo a demo ride on the Shadow 750. Did not like it. It's too heavy for a small cruiser.
I did demo rides on the 883 and Street 750. Street 750 feels like a feather once I got it going. They are both very easy to control. Handling the 883 is slightly different because of the big front wheel.
I scraped the peg a few times. It was fun.

I think these two small HDs are perfect for girls

Are you a girl or guy?
Either way, you just dished out one hell of an insult, lol

Please say you are a girl, of the irony.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom