Manual Transmission AWD SUVs? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Manual Transmission AWD SUVs?

The second pick, they didn't move the bottom bench seat ahead. They just folded the seat backs down.

The first pick has the proper way to make the seats fold flat.
Good to know. Guess they didn't change anything regarding the back seats for the 2011 model vs 2006?

That's another plus of the Outlander. Seats fold flat and lock down without messing with the headrests or seat bottoms and they recline quite a bit, too.

Is it a new model that's been delayed? They've had AWD manual TDI wagons in Europe for over a decade so I didn't think the current issues had anything to do with it.

Yeah, Europe is one market, North America is very different, right? I don't think they have ever sold here TDI wagon with any sort of AWD.

Alltrack was supposed to arrive as 2017 model this summer ... with 1.8TFSI and TDI .... TDI will not be offered until they can figure out how to comply with the emissions. All 2016 TDI propelled cars are sitting in the port someplace I believe still ...

You need to give us a price range...or MPG target....your inquiry is too large.

If you want "Even better if I can find something that has a tongue weight rating high enough to put one of those hitch bike carriers on it." --> TOYOTA 4-RUNNER, they came with a stick and you can prob find a newer model with a stick....they last forever...

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/4Runner/Concord/Ontario/5_27402007_20140403110416863/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=1_15_2

That's actually a pretty nice find IMO. My coworker has a similar one. 98 I think. But his has holes rusted in it.

Wonder how it handles compared to the Outlander. It seemed more cramped the one time I rode with him (despite appearing to be a larger vehicle) but it was also full of junk.

should have got the V6 Outlander.
The 4 is like a go cart, and that's without passengers.
The 6 pulls nicely.

should have got the V6 Outlander.
The 4 is like a go cart, and that's without passengers.
The 6 pulls nicely.
Don't think the V6 was even available on this generation and anything newer generation isn't manual. I've actually never seen a manual one listed for sale that didn't come from Quebec.

Don't think the V6 was even available on this generation and anything newer generation isn't manual. I've actually never seen a manual one listed for sale that didn't come from Quebec.

I forgot about the manual part.
Is it really worth it for manual driving in the GTA (traffic most of the time)res
ale will suck, so plan on keeping the car

Have you ever driven a ridgeline? Probably right up your alley but no manual.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Have you ever driven a ridgeline? Probably right up your alley but no manual.

Yeah I've considered that one on and off quite often over the years.

Older 4runner with V6 manual. The thing is bulletproof, body on frame and manual transforms the vehicle. Other than that, Ridgeline all the way...

Sent from my Passport

The thing I don't like about the Ridgeline is, it's trying to do something and not do it well.

It's not really that good as a pick up truck. And you give up the enclosed cargo capacity of a Pilot.

I'd rather get a pilot over a Ridgeline. That's my opinion anyways.

If it was a manual pick up truck, then you could look at a Tacoma or something else that has 4 doors and manual transmission with V6 power.

Then you have decent towing etc. Pop a cap on it and safely lock things in the box.

Manuals in North America are becoming a rare breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather get a pilot over a Ridgeline. That's my opinion anyways.

+1

Mystifies me why ppl buy pick up trucks and use them as personal and family vehicles.

Absolutely the most useless vehicles on the planet. Just buy a proper SUV

+1

Mystifies me why ppl buy pick up trucks and use them as personal and family vehicles.

At least the Ridgeline is slightly less of a ridiculous pickup than some. And yet people still bash it for not being a "good" pickup. It's meant for those people that don't really need a pickup and even then the specs were pretty close to all the "real" pickups last time I checked them.

At least the Ridgeline is slightly less of a ridiculous pickup than some. And yet people still bash it for not being a "good" pickup. It's meant for those people that don't really need a pickup and even then the specs were pretty close to all the "real" pickups last time I checked them.
Front Wheel Drive. It just wasn't macho enough for the general populace.....

Sent from my Passport

Front Wheel Drive. It just wasn't macho enough for the general populace.....

Sent from my Passport
Front wheel biased 4WD, no?

Front wheel biased 4WD, no?
Yes. The awd works really well in snow. My brother had one for 5 years, very few issues, still ran like new when he sold it at 380 000km. Now that I'm not contracting and don't need a "real" truck, I'm strongly considering the ridgeline as my next vehicle. My kids are 9 and 10, only getting bigger so small King cabs like the Tacoma are out. I like the space inside a ridgeline, I love the traction control etc, the power is good, and it gives me just enough "truck" when I need it. Give me a hitch and a small trailer and I'm good. I've driven full size Chevy's and Dodge's for the last 20 something years, currently in a Mazda 3, as I was commuting when I bought it. In the fall, I might give the wife the Mazda and buy a Ridgeline.

Edit: If you haven't done it before, take one for a test drive.

+1

Some of us don't want the height limitations of an SUV. Ever put a ktm in the back of a pilot?

Not a fan of trucks or SUVs but this thread got me looking....I really like the F150 Sport Trac ADRENALIN...alas only in Automatic :(

Some of us don't want the height limitations of an SUV. Ever put a ktm in the back of a pilot?

Point is, if you need a pick up to carry your KTM, by all means, get one.

Vast vast majority of pick ups on the road today are used as cars....

Sent from my Passport

Point is, if you need a pick up to carry your KTM, by all means, get one.

Vast vast majority of pick ups on the road today are used as cars....

Sent from my Passport
Yeah, I'll give you that. My neighbor two doors down has a ram hemi, sitting on 36" tires, lift kit etc, and he carpeted the interior of the bed. Nothing goes in there, ever. He took it off road once, scratched it, and never again lol.
I was a big fan of my Dodge Cummins, when I carried tools and materials and trailers daily. Now I work for someone else and drive company trucks, the last thing I'd want currently is my old Dodge back. It had its purpose, I could haul anything, anytime, for a reasonable amount of fuel. But repairs were costly and relatively frequent, wheel bearings, balljoints, and tierods mainly.

Back
Top Bottom