Vacuum caps | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vacuum caps

Alhazred

Anyone know where to find rubber vacuum caps? Almost every auto parts store I go to has never heard of them or doesn't sell them except for Napa who sells a kit of various size I'll never use for some stupid price or crappy tire that sells a kit with containing one individual cap of the size I need. I seriously went to at least 6 places around Barrie and none of them knew what a vacuum cap was.

Have you tried Princess Auto? PartSource may have them individually stashed in the back, I've been lucky with a few things they pull out from behind the counter.

Partsource was one of the two places that knew what they were but told me they don't sell them. No luck at princess auto.

Partsource was one of the two places that knew what they were but told me they don't sell them. No luck at princess auto.

Did you check the "Help" section of Partsource? I know I've just recently purchased a little packet of various sizes of vacuum caps. Some were loose-packed in a little clear box and others came on a tree:

I just looked around a bit until someone asked me what I needed. Do the ones in the box come all one size because I need like 8 of them.

I'm going to check Carquest they sell Dorman products that makes vacuum caps.

Last edited:
Funny, I just went on a mission to find vacuum caps a few weeks ago. Went to Princess and a few other places, couldn't find any

I have been to a dozen places now,I got 4 or 5 of them from some independent place the guy came out from the back with this dusty old case he said he hadn't touched in years and gave me what he had

Another option is to just take some hose that fits the port you want to cap off and cut a piece and fill it with some RTV silicone and let it dry and put it on. Or you can block off the hose with a bolt screwed into the top of the hose.

or

https://youtu.be/EVUJSzKX-5M

I'm surprised they knew what they were. I went there looking for wheel spacers for my car and only 1 of 8 people working there knew what I was talking about. They never know what I'm talking about when I go in there.

Back
Top Bottom