clutch guard brake guards?

Nick_f

Site Supporter
looking to see what you guys run for clutch guard brake guards

Just signed up for SOAR, and need to get the bike in spec

i see guards for $40-$100 no name

or $300 from woodcraft or vortex

Also, anyone have an extra set they want to sell me?:thumbup:

? Are you talking about the brake lever guard? You don't need one for the clutch lever.

My only advice is to avoid the ones that attach as bar end inserts. They tend to rotate and also can tear out in a crash, leaving the sharp unprotected clip on tube exposed. I actually lost part of a finger to that exact scenario.

I like the ones that clamp to the end of the clip on. Only problem is that you might need a longer clip on tube if you can't move your other controls inboard enough to make space.

The Dion device type (that clamp on to the bar inboard of the controls and extend outward) are probably the best. Most expensive but nothing like $300. Bluestreak has them for $170.

The Woodcraft ones clamp to the outside of the bar and are nowhere near $300. You will need bars that project enough beyond the throttle tube for the guard to clamp onto, but if you are using Woodcraft or Vortex handlebars, this is not a problem.

When i was quoting $300, i thought i needed both clutch and brake.

I have accossato clip ons, so i think the wood craft ones will fit.

So i got one from blue streak this week. It is a woodcraft

Has anyone ran into this problem of not enough room on there handle bar?

with the motion pro, accossato lever, and kill switch, i have no room to put this thing on.

Anyone relocate there kill switch/starter to the other side?

I have accossato clip ons that haven't been modified

So i got one from blue streak this week. It is a woodcraft

Has anyone ran into this problem of not enough room on there handle bar?

with the motion pro, accossato lever, and kill switch, i have no room to put this thing on.

Anyone relocate there kill switch/starter to the other side?

I have accossato clip ons that haven't been modified
I have my kill switch Inn the other side but be aware that is no CSBK legal.

since when can csbk tell you where to put your kill switch? I would like to see the rule book for that. Mine has always been on the left, no problems in tech. as long as its clearly marked and visible.

since when can csbk tell you where to put your kill switch? I would like to see the rule book for that. Mine has always been on the left, no problems in tech. as long as its clearly marked and visible.
Z from Z1 told me that when I got my Bazzazz mapped , I assume he knew what he was talking about

Clip on tubes are cheap. Just buy a longer one.

Z from Z1 told me that when I got my Bazzazz mapped , I assume he knew what he was talking about

Location isn't noted in the rules except that it's to be mounted on the handle bar.

Clip on tubes are cheap. Just buy a longer one.

Yep, easy way to solve the issue.

Thanks for clarifying
Location isn't noted in the rules except that it's to be mounted on the handle bar.

Yep, easy way to solve the issue.

Thanks for the clear up.

will mount it later today on the left side, MX style :cool::cool:

You allways change your kill switch to the left so buddy can't hit the kill switch as you go into the corner.
Keep it on the right,,,too easy! Not kidding either!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom