New Track Days from FAST at Shannonville | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Track Days from FAST at Shannonville

FastJM

As we can see on his new website, FAST Riding School has scheduled 3 track days this season. It will be at Shannonville Motorsport Park, where the school is located, and it will be on the Long Track.
The cost is $199.00.
The first date is May 19, better book soon!

It's the first year FAST has scheduled track days. If enough riders show up, they will be able to offer a lower price next time. Or maybe they have more marshalls. Or GP Bikes don't care about loosing money on track days because they make some on parts. I don't know, it's just ideas, I'll try to find out.

They need 30 riders to pay the track, the insurance, the ambulance, the 6 flagmen. At this number of riders, they don't make money. If the day is a success, with 40 to 45 riders, they will be able offer a better price.

Got an email from the program earlier today...
Apparently it's open lapping, not groups... so fewer riders will be accepted, making prices higher.

Yes, there will be 3 groups.

Here's the email I received:

The Fast Riding School is hosting an open lapping day on May 19[SUP]th[/SUP] on our Long track, please see attached for more details.

Linda.....
Track Operations Manager

I figured an Open Lapping day is that, not 3 groups.

"Open" probably means - open to the public. They do say three groups in the email invite I received.

I think it's clear on the FAST website:
[h=4]THREE GROUPS OF RIDERS:[/h] Same as in other trackday organisation, the riders will be divided into 3 groups according to their speed and experience. Each group will accommodate up to 25 riders

• The slower group that we call NOVICE usually called Green Riders in many other trackday organisations. That group is for conservative riders and beginner track riders who are still working on their riding confidence and speed on racetrack.
  • A middle speed group that we call INTERMEDIATE usually called Yellow Riders in many other trackday organisations. That group is for riders with a limited track riding experience but feeling pretty confident in turns and with speed.
  • And the fastest group that we call EXPERT usually called Red Riders in many other trackday organisations. That group is for very experienced track riders with very good speed. It is also for quick racers with racing experience.

Back
Top Bottom