How Long Do Supersports Have in Ontario? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How Long Do Supersports Have in Ontario?

Im not gonna move to a place where they have no water(cali)
Also cuban chicks>>>>way hotter than mexican ones

I used up all the water when I lived there. Also, you haven't been with any Mexican women have you? And since California has more population than all of Canada, I can assure you that your Cuban women also reside there. :)

California = nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Screwed up politics, screwed up economy, a government bent on putting everyone in electric cars and banning everything else.

Tennessee seems rather appealing, though.

I loved living there in the late 80's/early 90's. Tennessee was nice too.

Homeostatis will be achieved when the cost of insurance payouts for the SS class balances with the premiums received. This is also true for any other motorcycle class, or other vehicle for that matter. Until this rebalance occurs, there will be disruptions.

You all are overreacting. The sky is indeed not falling, so stop looking up.

i think the SS bikes will be going to the experienced riders.
600rr paying $649 a year....im keeping mine.

It needs to be based on the price of the vehicle. Ferrari is brutal to insure because it costs mucho to buy it, so it makes sense for a sportbike to be cheap on insurance. Which is why Harleys need to cost 4 times what they do now on insurance to compensate. :)

The difference is most accidents with cars are not write offs, and also most times the driver and any passenger suffers a lot less in terms of injuries. One of the biggest pieces we pay for is yourselves...not the bike (also why it is dumb we must pay it individually for each and every vehicle).

California = nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Screwed up politics, screwed up economy, a government bent on putting everyone in electric cars and banning everything else.

how do you know the toothbrush was invented in tenessee ?

anywhere else and it would be called a "teethbrush"

How nice for all you without felony charges to just be able to move to florida.

For those of us that legally can't leave the great white north, where do we go?
How are insurance rates in B.C?

Cant be as bad as Ontario, but cost of living is probably a pain(atleast around van)

Cant be as bad as Ontario, but cost of living is probably a pain(atleast around van)

Ya, thats what I was thinking, cost of living is going to way offset any small insurance savings. Unless I go way inland maybe.

I wouldnt mind being able to ride year round though. I don't love the rain but it beats snow.

Im not gonna move to a place where they have no water(cali)
Also cuban chicks>>>>way hotter than mexican ones

There should a pretty good trickle down when the northwest slides into the ocean:thumbup:

Last edited:
anyone want to share how they plan on just picking up and moving to anywhere in the US. Not so simple as you might believe.

You mean Ontario?

This might be an exception rather than the rule, but I know a guy in Vancouver who's 20 and he's paying $100/month for his first bike right now - a ZX-6R.

So I, as a 26 yr old new rider with a clean record on a Ninja 300, am paying more than he is.

Makes me wonder why the hell I came back to Toronto.

Something does have to change in Ontario. First off we have to change how we get licensed.

Secondly we need to change the way we let insurance treat us.
I've been riding 16 years now claim free/ticket free, yet I'm still at $1,200 + for my FZ09 and NOT ONE company will let me bundle my car with my bike. Now I have to own a house for the privilege.

The way these company's operate is I the realm of legal scamming. Years of reading and participating on the insurance forums here with "insurance pros" and "people in the industry" has only taught me they are great at excuses, but ultimately it's always come down to "oh well, what are YOU going to do about it?"

The very fact it's a legal requirement to have insurance just let's these people rape us. I understand why it's legally required, but if it is then it has to be accessible no matter what vehicle you use.

Doesn't it make sense to have incredibly high premiums on a bike that wasn't build for legal road use?

I mean when are you ever legally riding the bike at half its potential on the street? It kinda makes sense that SS bikes are difficult to insure, you can't argue that you're not going to break the law on them, or at least want to. Plus the amount of fatalitys on SS bikes are higher compared to anything else.

Is there any good reasons why SS belong on the street? I cant be the only one bothered by squids and young guys (especially girls) that insist on riding SS bikes and nothing else.

Smaller bikes are arguably a lot more fun within legal limits. Theres an NSR400r and RZ500 on kijii right now btw, two ultra rad two strokes.

Ride slow bikes fast instead of fast bikes slow right?

The very fact it's a legal requirement to have insurance just let's these people rape us. I understand why it's legally required, but if it is then it has to be accessible no matter what vehicle you use.

Insurance is quite accessible, and even affordable depending on what kind of vehicle you CHOOSE to buy and insure.

Where you live also matters in adjusting the range of premiums, but that;s another matter altogether.

Like it or not, the kind of vehicle you choose (and the history of claims associated with that vehicle) are just as much a factor in setting premiums as is your own personal driving record.

There are those who pay reasonable insurance rates on their bikes, but they have also chosen to buy reasonable bikes that don't have a "history" of attracting the kind of riders who are prone to making claims. If you want to operate a race replica on the street, it's not unreasonable that insurers will assess an appropriate risk premium based on their claims experience with others who have also insured race replicas..

Insurance is quite accessible, and even affordable depending on what kind of vehicle you CHOOSE to buy and insure.

Where you live also matters in adjusting the range of premiums, but that;s another matter altogether.

Like it or not, the kind of vehicle you choose (and the history of claims associated with that vehicle) are just as much a factor in setting premiums as is your own personal driving record.

There are those who pay reasonable insurance rates on their bikes, but they have also chosen to buy reasonable bikes that don't have a "history" of attracting the kind of riders who are prone to making claims. If you want to operate a race replica on the street, it's not unreasonable that insurers will assess an appropriate risk premium based on their claims experience with others who have also insured race replicas..
Which is why I bought an FZ09 and I still getting killed at $1,200+ a year for full coverage right? That seem right after someone here just stated the pay under $700 a year for a 600rr. How about not letting me bundle my car with my bike no matter who I've talked to?

As much as some things make sense there is way to much the doesn't. You can't defend these companies.

Something does have to change in Ontario. First off we have to change how we get licensed.

Secondly we need to change the way we let insurance treat us.
I've been riding 16 years now claim free/ticket free, yet I'm still at $1,200 + for my FZ09 and NOT ONE company will let me bundle my car with my bike. Now I have to own a house for the privilege.

The way these company's operate is I the realm of legal scamming. Years of reading and participating on the insurance forums here with "insurance pros" and "people in the industry" has only taught me they are great at excuses, but ultimately it's always come down to "oh well, what are YOU going to do about it?"

Thats a romantic idea.......problem is that it doesnt have to be accessible no matter what the vehicle, there is no need for you or anyone else to own a supersport, or any other bike, or even a car for that matter, you own it because you want one, you could just as easily call an insurance company and ask them what is that cheapest bike or car they will insure and then go buy it, or take the bus, or ride your SS on the track and not pay insurance for it.

and unfortunately there is not a lot we can do about this system, because the insurance companies lobby the government and infuse their election campaigns, so no one has a reason to change anything.

Two essential pre-requisites required .... You need a job secured down there, or a bank account full of money. Not sure how successful that would be to raise a family, probably be single is the best option ... :)

You mean Ontario?

Not really, I am sure Cali it is .... This state seems to be nosediving and people rather leaving than coming in. Plus they are doing everything they can to gro wine and almonds, rather than conserve water to drink. They will be buying water soon too. But their vehicles will be mostly electric .... What's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom