How Long Do Supersports Have in Ontario? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How Long Do Supersports Have in Ontario?

you just answered your own question, you "want" one therefore it is not a "need", and does not need to be affordable, its a luxury and you gotta pay for it

What decides "does not need to be affordable"? Real market forces or artificial market forces?

A billionaire motorcyclist with a gambling problem? I don't think many of them exist on GTAM though, so we should put up some classifieds on Craigslist and Kijiji.

Yeah I'm not quite there yet. But in all honesty the mark-up on insurance here is so big it leaves alot of room for improvement. All it takes it one.

What is the mark up? If you know it is huge how much is it 5% 10% or higher?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

What decides "does not need to be affordable"? Real market forces or artificial market forces?

a market implies fair trade free of monopoly.......that's not really our situation

What is the mark up? If you know it is huge how much is it 5% 10% or higher?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I don't know exact numbers but on average Ontario seems to have a 20% mark-up over the rest of provinces. Now I'm not talking about all policies, just the ones that are typically deemed "risky".

Which is why I bought an FZ09 and I still getting killed at $1,200+ a year for full coverage right? That seem right after someone here just stated the pay under $700 a year for a 600rr. How about not letting me bundle my car with my bike no matter who I've talked to?

As much as some things make sense there is way to much the doesn't. You can't defend these companies.

This legitimately pisses me off.

Youre complaining that youre paying too much for FULL COVERAGE. If your premium is too high, then change your ****ing policy.

I pay almost $3000 a year for an fz6, and here's how I chose my insurance policy. I chose the company that gave me the lowest quote, and then I told them "give me the cheapest possible policy you can create". I basically don't even have insurance. All my insurance is good for is, if a cop asks me if I have insurance, I can say, yes I do. And thats pretty much it.

Change your policy or quit bitching

a market implies fair trade free of monopoly.......that's not really our situation

It also implies fair trade free of collusive practices, something of which I'm not certain our insurance market is completely free.

you just answered your own question, you "want" one therefore it is not a "need", and does not need to be affordable, its a luxury and you gotta pay for it

It sounds like you're saying there can be a difference in cost based on a "want" as opposed to a "need". So if it's a "want" ie; toy, the insurance cost does not need to be affordable? Is that correct?

There is only one way to lower insurance in Ontario.

One company has to undercut everything else by a significant margin and cause a large scale cancelation of policies.

Sure, I'm sure a new insurance company would love to lose their shirt insuring known high risk bikes and (often riders) on the cheap. Sounds like a wise business decision.

"I own one because I want one" should be enough in a 'free' society should it not?

As others have mentioned, if your pockets are deep enough I don't think anyone is having problems buying and insuring SS's, but it's very much pay to play.

Sure, I'm sure a new insurance company would love to lose their shirt insuring known high risk bikes and (often riders) on the cheap. Sounds like a wise business decision.

As others have mentioned, if your pockets are deep enough I don't think anyone is having problems buying and insuring SS's, but it's very much pay to play.

Nowhere in my post did I say anything about it being a wise business decision so don't put words in my mouth.

We will always pay a premium because Motorcycles in Canada are a hobby and if you have thousands to spend on a hobby you must have disposable income, thus we pay more for everything related.

This legitimately pisses me off.

Youre complaining that youre paying too much for FULL COVERAGE. If your premium is too high, then change your ****ing policy.

I pay almost $3000 a year for an fz6, and here's how I chose my insurance policy. I chose the company that gave me the lowest quote, and then I told them "give me the cheapest possible policy you can create". I basically don't even have insurance. All my insurance is good for is, if a cop asks me if I have insurance, I can say, yes I do. And thats pretty much it.

Change your policy or quit bitching
WOW! Probably the most ignorant thing I've read on GTAM for a long time, if not ever.

As per the bold item...I think part of the larger problem is due to the diverse society. It is much more difficult to communicate in xxx number of languages.

How the heck do you explain the Liberal Govt. being elected by landslides Prov. and Fed.? BUT nobody admits voting for them.
They blow BILLIONS of $$$ and they get re-elected. Try that with your job, screw up large and see if they keep promoting you.lol

* disclaimer, I don't care about parties just stating an observation.

LOL blame all the morons who "strategically" voted. Basically, everyone wanted to vote NDP in the last election, but they thought NDP would never win, so they voted Liberal. And democracy face-palmed.

what im about to tell you may come as a shock : 1) your high school guidance councillor is a lying c*n* 2) democracy doesn't really work ( not for the average citizen anyway)

So maybe I was a little hard on your guidance councillor after all she may have had the best intentions at heart when she told you that you can change anything you don't like in this world as long as you want it bad enough, but she neglected to mention that this only applies if you are a multi billion dollar corporation that is willing to spent millions of dollars each year to lobby politicians and law makers in Ottawa, which brings me to my 2nd point about democracy not working for the average person, and that is because the average person gets to vote every 4 years on which corporate interests your government is going to represent for the next 4 years, its a well oiled machine that has been running strong for centuries, and you either have to play by the rules or get chewed up by the machine.

I know the carrot looks juicy, but the stick is just too long for us to reach

+1 But the guidance councillor's job is to keep the spirit alive in the youth, braaah! They will have years of 9-5 drudging to destroy it, like many of us, later on in life.

+1

Plus, I've already solved our insurance woes in this province, by offering the following reform solution, but I think it makes too much sense so it'll never work.

Why can't we change the insurance system such that automobile insurance (and all related costs for automobile insurance) ONLY covers you for the costs related to your vehicle and the accident or claim at hand - not any of the health and injury costs?

ie. Your vehicle insurance policy should only cover all the costs related to the liability damages, property damages to your vehicle and any/all vehicles involved in the crash, theft, fire, etc. whatever options you choose (as it is today), however;

If you want health insurance and/or life insurance, you get that as a separate item. Your life insurance premium will depend on MANY factors like your age, hobbies, location, whether or not you smoke or drink, etc. etc. and you can get as much coverage as you need?! If you don't have a car, then you shouldn't have "driving" included in your regular health insurance (but you'll probably have to buy it when you rent a car)

The whole thing seems redundant; health coverage from the province of Ontario, work benefits, spouse's work benefits AND a (mandatory) life insurance plan if you have a mortgage WTH

We need to separate insurance for cars and people('s health).

Once we do that, things can get better for us as consumers (so that one person isn't paying for health coverage on multiple vehicles), and better for the insurance companies (who can create rates for us that are more accurate)

Serious jail time for insurance scammers would be a start to lowering rates. Cutting down on the medical and pseudo-medical professions extortionate billing practices for illegitimate claims would be another (probably part of the first point). Graduated licensing for new riders with HP restrictions would be another. A generally better approach to all driver related activities (better licensing, better policing) by the government bodies would be another. Finally, a thorough, independent investigation into the insurance industry would be another.

Basically I'll be waiting for a flying unicorn before any of this happens.

Just do what an idiot kid on my street does - don't plate or insure your GSXR750 and run from the cops if they try and pull you over.
Cheap insurance.

Just do what an idiot kid on my street does - don't plate or insure your GSXR750 and run from the cops if they try and pull you over.
Cheap insurance.

That's a great way to hone reflexes until a talent scout signs him to a top tier CSBK team or he rolls an SUV.

That's a great way to hone reflexes until a talent scout signs him to a top tier CSBK team or he rolls an SUV.

I can't believe calling Crime Stoppers wasn't suggested. Sit on the porch and crack a beer as an unmarked cruiser nabs Marq Markez. iPhone the crying youth in 4K, upload to your channel and reap the views.

It's legal rape and unless some government official who rides notices and brings this to the House of Commons a lot of young Ontario guys are gonna say F it and move to a more fair province. Only question is if the pilgrimage will go east or west. Manitoba is kind of empty.

It's legal rape and unless some government official who rides notices and brings this to the House of Commons a lot of young Ontario guys are gonna say F it and move to a more fair province. Only question is if the pilgrimage will go east or west. Manitoba is kind of empty.

If only. The reality is, these younger guys are just going without insurance and running when need be.

Back
Top Bottom