Bike magazine: Honda to drop the CBR600? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike magazine: Honda to drop the CBR600?

The Kawasaki 300 is actually called an "EX300". The ZX line is the title that Kawasaki uses to signify their high end bikes.

It's ok you will pick these things up over time.

You are pulling statements made about two different bikes here. The CBR300R is heavily out performed by it's competitors in the 300 class. Period.

Honda's next bike in the lineup is called the CBR "500" which despite it's quite significant bump in engine size still barely pulls ahead of the competitors "300's" and some would argue it doesn't at all on a race track. So Honda's "CBR300" is at the back and even when they give it a significant boost in engine displacement "CBR500" it still doesn't separate itself from the smaller bikes when it should be able to.

An no, I said the CBR3/5 are an embarrassment to the CBR badge (600/1000) as they do not uphold any form of performance compared to their competitors. Thus they should not be given the manufacturers highest level of performance title.

I live a half hour from Shannonville you don't think i have seen them run? An no i didn't find them fast at all. In fact i remember thinking they are crazy for letting them run at the same time as the big bikes.

Then you clearly didnt watch hard enough or understand what you were watching.

How so? I had a CBR600 before the FZ, but i'm curious about this viewpoint of yours.

Well you came up with the preposterous claim that Honda is an embarrassment and your only argument seems to be that they named some of their sub-600cc bikes 'CBR'. Your understanding of motorcycle design and marketing seems to be rather limited. There are different groups of riders for whom the CBR500, 300, 250, or yes, the CBR125 are ideal. (In fact, one of the better racing schools in Ontario starts all riders for three full days on the 125. Perhaps you would like to let them know how embarrassing this is, then of course race one of their graduates to show them you know better. No need to worry about the curves--you'll show them on the straights.)

I do realise this is all a waste of time, your ideas are dogmatically entrenched. I remain comfortably aware of how much I have to learn. But give me another ten years and I might have your certitude.

track wise aren't they the fastest 600s out of the crate or is that the r6 ?

Well you came up with the preposterous claim that Honda is an embarrassment and your only argument seems to be that they named some of their sub-600cc bikes 'CBR'. Your understanding of motorcycle design and marketing seems to be rather limited. There are different groups of riders for whom the CBR500, 300, 250, or yes, the CBR125 are ideal. (In fact, one of the better racing schools in Ontario starts all riders for three full days on the 125. Perhaps you would like to let them know how embarrassing this is, then of course race one of their graduates to show them you know better. No need to worry about the curves--you'll show them on the straights.)

I do realise this is all a waste of time, your ideas are dogmatically entrenched. I remain comfortably aware of how much I have to learn. But give me another ten years and I might have your certitude.

All wrong but it's ok. I voiced my opinion that Honda's are lacking soul these days and then backed it up with more information. Nothing more i can do to satisfy the know it alls.

Moving on.

There's zero good about that bike. A 600 that makes 70hp with a steel frame, **** suspension and **** brakes.

The older FZ6 made almost 100hp with the same motor, had a better shock, and an aluminum frame.

And you think the Honda is an embarrassment lol

It makes closer to 80hp and the old FZ6 isn't even the same tier of motorcycle so comparing them is a waste of time. The 6R is of the same ilk as the 650 class of bikes, SV650/Ninja 650/CBR650F etc

I had the same opinion as you at one point actually i was even harsher on the R. It's a solid bike and if you have ridden one you would know that.

On what criteria?

Track ability of course.

Wow. All that 3 months riding experience.... He is an obnoxious, ignorant troll. Every thread he participates in results in him spewing childish insults and backwards-*** statements. A real winner, for sure. Maximum e-penis length achieved.

Last edited:
It makes closer to 80hp and the old FZ6 isn't even the same tier of motorcycle so comparing them is a waste of time. The 6R is of the same ilk as the 650 class of bikes, SV650/Ninja 650/CBR650F etc

I had the same opinion as you at one point actually i was even harsher on the R. It's a solid bike and if you have ridden one you would know that.

Track ability of course.
The SV650 is not of the same "ilk" as a Ninja 650 or CBR650F either.

R6/ZX-6R/675R
CBR
Gixxer

Track ability of course.[/QUOTE]

None of them are ideal for a track bike. S/S rotors, raising rate shock, etc. But of course you already knew this. Put real suspension and brakes on any of them and they all become much better, now it comes down to rider. A guy who lives half an hour from shanny, has never been on track, but thinks he knows something when in fact you are clueless.

Thanks for the laughs ladies, i'm relinquishing control of this thread back to the OP now.

Try to get it back on topic.

Enjoy!

Personally, I like Hondas for reliability and support. Suzuki not so much since my clutch went. Then again the shop that put the new one in, seemed to have made the same mistake. Maybe it was a process error.

All wrong but it's ok. I voiced my opinion that Honda's are lacking soul these days and then backed it up with more information. Nothing more i can do to satisfy the know it alls.

Moving on.

Thanks for the laughs ladies, i'm relinquishing control of this thread back to the OP as of now.

Enjoy!

Thought you were gone a while back when you said moving on.
I guess things don't mean what you think they mean.

And you have made the decision based on your extensive riding experience? You refined skills allowed you to take each one to the limit and found that the limit of the CBR300 comes sooner that the other bikes, have taking the bike to a track and made a comparison in braking points? acceleration at lean angle?

Or perhaps you have ridden 1500 km days with each one of the bikes and found that comfort, reliability, gas mileage, RPM at hwy speeds is much better in all other models?

Or you just exchange bikes a few times and made a determination based on limited facts and experience and then come to a forum and make such strong statements?

So which one it is?
I have ridden the bike in question. It is statistically inferior to the rest of its competitors, an it feels like it.

/the end

Last edited:
Wow. All that 3 months riding experience.... He is an obnoxious, ignorant troll. Every thread he participates in results in him spewing childish insults and backwards-*** statements. A real winner, for sure. Maximum e-penis length achieved.

Mighty Mike lives! ;)

Personally, I like Hondas for reliability and support. Suzuki not so much since my clutch went. Then again the shop that put the new one in, seemed to have made the same mistake. Maybe it was a process error.

Thought you were gone a while back when you said moving on.
I guess things don't mean what you think they mean.

I saw an opportunity to gain a couple last second chuckles before handing back the ownership.

So salty.

Back
Top Bottom