Bike magazine: Honda to drop the CBR600? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike magazine: Honda to drop the CBR600?

You guys need to worry about yourselves. I honestly couldn't care less what you think of new riders. Everyone starts somewhere so when you're done sucking each other off in the mirror we might be able to have a real conversation about... Well you know motorcycles.

Isn't that why we are all here?

You guys need to worry about yourselves. I honestly couldn't care less what you think of new riders. Everyone starts somewhere so when you're done sucking each other off in the mirror we might be able to have a real conversation about... Well you know motorcycles.

Ok then, I will step away from the proverbial mirror and ask the bleeding obvious. So far you have backed up your claims about Honda with the claim that: "cbr3 is an embarrassment". This is a unique position and not really fully fleshed out. Motorcycle Consumer News, perhaps the most reputable and independent of reviewers, gave it 4 stars out of 5 which was the same as the KTM390 and more than the Ninja 300 in their review of light weight sport bikes. (The winner was the 5-star Yamaha R3). I have heard mostly positive things about the bike, a bike that does pretty well exactly what it is intended to do. So what exactly is it that you find embarrassing about the Honda CBR300R? Have you ridden one? Impressions? Details would help in your argument.

Ok then, I will step away from the proverbial mirror and ask the bleeding obvious. So far you have backed up your claims about Honda with the claim that: "cbr3 is an embarrassment". This is a unique position and not really fully fleshed out. Motorcycle Consumer News, perhaps the most reputable and independent of reviewers, gave it 4 stars out of 5 which was the same as the KTM390 and more than the Ninja 300 in their review of light weight sport bikes. (The winner was the 5-star Yamaha R3). I have heard mostly positive things about the bike, a bike that does pretty well exactly what it is intended to do. So what exactly is it that you find embarrassing about the Honda CBR300R? Have you ridden one? Impressions? Details would help in your argument.

Yes I have ridden all 3 of the Jap 300's. I own a 2013 Ninja SE and a friend of mine has a 2015 R3 that I have spent significant time on btw,upwards of 400km's. His younger brother owns a CBR300R and asked to swap bikes with me on a day ride up north last fall.

It's a Honda, nothing special.

Wow... cry much?
I asked you to do exactly what you claim you want to do - talk motorcycles. You claim the CBR300 is a joke, and when pressed for an accurate answer as to why you say this, you blow a gasket and throw insults.

Personally, I have no issues with new riders at all - have been around many in local group rides and have led countless numbers of them through the countryside.

I have issues with new riders that feel they know everything and spout nonsense.

We've called you out to back up your "joke" claim.

Now answer with your FACTS.

Wow... cry much?
I asked you to do exactly what you claim you want to do - talk motorcycles. You claim the CBR300 is a joke, and when pressed for an accurate answer as to why you say this, you blow a gasket and throw insults.

Personally, I have no issues with new riders at all - have been around many in local group rides and have led countless numbers of them through the countryside.

I have issues with new riders that feel they know everything and spout nonsense.

We've called you out to back up your "joke" claim.

Now answer with your FACTS.

I have ridden the bike in question. It is statistically inferior to the rest of its competitors, an it feels like it.

/the end

Last edited:
I mean as a whole Honda is probably at the back of the pack. They have a couple neat projects like the Africa Twin but as a whole the company is completely uninspired right now.

Yamaha
Kawasaki

Suzuki/Honda
Honda/Suzuki

I guess that depends on what constitutes "uninspired". As much as the marketplace had elicited yawns at the New Concept bikes Honda deserves some credit for bringing something new into the marketplace. The CB 500 bikes are very well regarded and they are being ridden by newer riders as well as experienced riders.

While these bikes will not quicken the pulse of a diehard SS rider they do represent some new thinking (especially in the case of the NC bikes).

I guess that depends on what constitutes "uninspired". As much as the marketplace had elicited yawns at the New Concept bikes Honda deserves some credit for bringing something new into the marketplace. The CB 500 bikes are very well regarded and they are being ridden by newer riders as well as experienced riders.

While these bikes will not quicken the pulse of a diehard SS rider they do represent some new thinking (especially in the case of the NC bikes).

I have no problem with the X or the CB for that matter because they are not pretending to be more capable than they are. The " CBR" on the other hand has no business using that title. It barely out performs the other manufacturers 300cc bikes an many would probably choose a 300 for track duty over it as well.

I know it was designed with the Euro Lams restrictions in mind and that's fine. I just don't agree with a company putting it's top of the line products title on something so mediocre.

That's like putting a Corvette badge on a Cobalt. I don't agree with it and it's just plain lazy. It should have been given an upgrade for this side of the pond.

All my opinion.

Wrong thread!

Last edited:

I would bet you spent most of your childhood getting beat up. Child, go have a nap and maybe you will feel better after

Ah, nothing beats reading the "entertainment" from GTAM on the commute to work.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Actually, I'm here for the blow jobs.

I have no problem with the X or the CB for that matter because they are not pretending to be more capable than they are. The " CBR" on the other hand has no business using that title. It barely out performs the other manufacturers 300cc bikes an many would probably choose a 300 for track duty over it as well.

I know it was designed with the Euro Lams restrictions in mind and that's fine. I just don't agree with a company putting it's top of the line products title on something so mediocre.

That's like putting a Corvette badge on a Cobalt. I don't agree with it and it's just plain lazy. It should have been given an upgrade for this side of the pond.

All my opinion.

By that logic you should be hating on Kawi for putting the Ninja badge on half their lineup.

It's a Honda, nothing special.

I have ridden the bike in question. It is statistically inferior to the rest of its competitors, an it feels like it.

The " CBR" on the other hand has no business using that title. It barely out performs the other manufacturers 300cc bikes an many would probably choose a 300 for track duty over it as well.

Alright, so which is it? :confused:

You say the CBR is a joke, that it's statistically inferior and yet it barely outperforms the other 300's?
You're contradicting yourself.

Just having a motorcycle conversation and asking for clarification.

I think that he meant the CBR600 barely outperformed other 300's.
That's the way i read it.

I didn't even want to touch that comment.

All my opinion.

Just because YOU can't make a CBR300 go fast means in no way can they not be fast.

Also most people dont buy a CBR300/R3/Ninjette with the hopes of roll on power and cutting 10 second 1/4s they like the fuel economy, the looks, the relative comfort all while still able to be sporty.

Come out to Round #1 of the RACE superseries, and watch LWT production, or 300 Production and tell me if you think a CBR300 is slow...

By that logic you should be hating on Kawi for putting the Ninja badge on half their lineup.

The Kawasaki 300 is actually called an "EX300". The ZX line is the title that Kawasaki uses to signify their high end bikes.

It's ok you will pick these things up over time.

Alright, so which is it? :confused:

You say the CBR is a joke, that it's statistically inferior and yet it barely outperforms the other 300's?
You're contradicting yourself.

Just having a motorcycle conversation and asking for clarification.

You are pulling statements made about two different bikes here. The CBR300R is heavily out performed by it's competitors in the 300 class. Period.

Honda's next bike in the lineup is called the CBR "500" which despite it's quite significant bump in engine size still barely pulls ahead of the competitors "300's" and some would argue it doesn't at all on a race track. So Honda's "CBR300" is at the back and even when they give it a significant boost in engine displacement "CBR500" it still doesn't separate itself from the smaller bikes when it should be able to.

I think that he meant the CBR600 barely outperformed other 300's.
That's the way i read it.

I didn't even want to touch that comment.

An no, I said the CBR3/5 are an embarrassment to the CBR badge (600/1000) as they do not uphold any form of performance compared to their competitors. Thus they should not be given the manufacturers highest level of performance title.

Just because YOU can't make a CBR300 go fast means in no way can they not be fast.

Also most people dont buy a CBR300/R3/Ninjette with the hopes of roll on power and cutting 10 second 1/4s they like the fuel economy, the looks, the relative comfort all while still able to be sporty.

Come out to Round #1 of the RACE superseries, and watch LWT production, or 300 Production and tell me if you think a CBR300 is slow...

I live a half hour from Shannonville you don't think i have seen them run? An no i didn't find them fast at all. In fact i remember thinking they are crazy for letting them run at the same time as the big bikes.

Last edited:
The Kawasaki 300 is actually called an "EX300". The ZX line is the title that Kawasaki uses to signify their high end bikes.

It's ok you will pick these things up over time.
Knew that 10 years ago. Good try, though. Still doesn't change the fact that they call it a Ninja. My post was obvious that I was aware of it since that was the whole point.

Back
Top Bottom