Bike magazine: Honda to drop the CBR600? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike magazine: Honda to drop the CBR600?

Blackfin

Site Supporter
The May/16 edition of UK-based Bike magazine ran a story titled "Honda drop the CBR600", that the "supersport legend is discontinued." A factory source allegedly claims:

"Unfortunately, Euro 4 emission legislation will kill the CBR ... We cannot justify the cost of further development fees on such a small number of sales anymore. The US were our ally with this model, but now they are also suffering with poor sales. We're not actually making CBRs anymore -- I think the last produced were in 2015. There are some in dealer stocks, but there won't be any more."

Legit? Hoax? Just in the UK? Can't find any corroborating evidence online.

I think they will replace it with another 600cc SS that is euro4 compliant

No way Honda will give up sales to the other 3 Japanese marques

Plus Honda does pretty well in WSBK/SSP

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Honda never stepped up to play with big bore atv's I just looked and a 680 is small when the computation is putting out more CC. If the money isn't there .......

Honestly who cares. Honda's are a joke these days.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? I hear they make the best snowblowers and generators.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Making SS bikes for the street has always been a mixed bag. In Europe, folks tend to prefer bikes that won't destroy their back and wrists when riding the mountains or coasts all day and hopping across a boarder or two. Bikes like the CBF600 and 1000, the NT700V and the Bandit 1250 have been huge sellers there for a reason. The CB599 was also a huge seller there for a reason. Honda (or any other manufacturer for that matter) will make just about anything if there is a market for it. If they're honestly going to drop the CBR600 then they have crunched the numbers and it just doesn't add up to continue. North America is the only place where SS bikes have a huge off-track following.

Do they mean the CBR600R? Or the CBR650F? I don't think the CBR600 is a model.

I am not sure how you mean.

Granted the base platform is not the best bang for your buck but as a true race machine they are doing just fine on both a national and world level against every other manufacturer.

I am not sure how you mean.

Granted the base platform is not the best bang for your buck but as a true race machine they are doing just fine on both a national and world level against every other manufacturer.

I mean as a whole Honda is probably at the back of the pack. They have a couple neat projects like the Africa Twin but as a whole the company is completely uninspired right now.

Yamaha
Kawasaki

Suzuki/Honda
Honda/Suzuki

Last edited:
ahh ok.
I agree that they could update their machines in stock form.

I would switch the first 2 on your list. imho.

I did hear a new fireblade may be coming soon but who knows.

ahh ok.
I agree that they could update their machines in stock form.

I would switch the first 2 on your list. imho.

I did hear a new fireblade may be coming soon but who knows.

I think the majority of people would agree Yamaha is putting out the deepest lineup right now.

A new fireblade is due and should be a solid piece. Honda needs to come out with a proper contender in the 300cc class as well, their cbr3 is an embarrassment.

I think the majority of people would agree Yamaha is putting out the deepest lineup right now.

A new fireblade is due and should be a solid piece. Honda needs to come out with a proper contender in the 300cc class as well, their cbr3 is an embarrassment.

cbr300 not so much of an embarassment....video http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/o...300r-racebike-breaks-lap-record-at-chuckwalla

from the article: A lap time of 1:58.66 is a pretty arbitrary number, but consider this: To cover Chuckwalla’s 2.7 miles and 17 turns Ari averaged 81 mph, just 11 mph slower than a stock CBR300’s outright top speed of 92 mph. And, of the less-than two minutes it took to do the lap, the bike was wide open for one minute eleven seconds, or 60 percent of the lap.
It’s true, this little CBR is on slicks, tuned suspension, has a quickshifter, and is up 8 horsepower on the stock CBR300’s 28 ponies. But still, last time we held a superbike shootout at Chuckwalla (with bikes like the Aprilia’s RSV4, BMW’s S1000RR, and Kawasaki’s ZX-10R) most of our testers only managed between a 1:54 and 2:05 laptimes.

Last edited:
cbr300 not so much of an embarassment....video http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/o...300r-racebike-breaks-lap-record-at-chuckwalla

from the article: A lap time of 1:58.66 is a pretty arbitrary number, but consider this: To cover Chuckwalla’s 2.7 miles and 17 turns Ari averaged 81 mph, just 11 mph slower than a stock CBR300’s outright top speed of 92 mph. And, of the less-than two minutes it took to do the lap, the bike was wide open for one minute eleven seconds, or 60 percent of the lap.
It’s true, this little CBR is on slicks, tuned suspension, has a quickshifter, and is up 8 horsepower on the stock CBR300’s 28 ponies. But still, last time we held a superbike shootout at Chuckwalla (with bikes like the Aprilia’s RSV4, BMW’s S1000RR, and Kawasaki’s ZX-10R) most of our testers only managed between a 1:54 and 2:05 laptimes.

That's great and all but I don't care about race bikes. There are modded 2 stroke scooters out there that would leave tons of street bikes in the dust. Doesn't mean they aren't a joke.

Honda needs to come out with a proper contender in the 300cc class as well, their cbr3 is an embarrassment......
*SNIP*
*PASTE*
That's great and all but I don't care about race bikes. There are modded 2 stroke scooters out there that would leave tons of street bikes in the dust. Doesn't mean they aren't a joke.

This coming from a guy who has been on the road for less than 3 months....
*facepalm*

Put any good rider with track experience on a CBR 300, you on your FZ6r at the Tail of the Dragon and they'd leave you in the dust on the "joke" of a bike you are putting down.

Last edited:
This coming from a guy who has been on the road for less than 3 months....
*facepalm*

Put any good rider with track experience on a CBR 300, you on your FZ6r at the Tail of the Dragon and they'd leave you in the dust on the "joke" of a bike you are putting down.

I don't give a flying **** if they would leave me behind on a bicycle. This has nothing to do with me so go tryhard on someone else big shot.

Let the guys talking about bikes, talk about bikes. Go to a deprived housewife forum if you want to ***** and moan.

I don't give a flying **** if they would leave me behind on a bicycle. This has nothing to do with me so go tryhard on someone else big shot.

Let the guys talking about bikes, talk about bikes. Go to a deprived housewife forum if you want to ***** and moan.

Not a big shot at all, just calling you out on the fact that you've been on 2 wheels less than 3 months and seem to know everything there is to about motorcycles. As for nothing to do with you, a quote, "Honestly who cares. Honda's are a joke these days." You're making a bold statement about a company and have absolutely nothing to back it up.

The CBR300 is a fine bike depending on what you're planning on using it for. Honda fit and finish is excellent, and this coming from a Euro-bike fan.

Back
Top Bottom