Dealer getting rid of Suzuki | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dealer getting rid of Suzuki

bigpoppa

I frequent brampton powersports often, one of the sales person who is a friend told me theyre trying to get rid of all Suzuki bikes(but they arent lowering the prices on them lol)

Apparently(and i didn't know this) suzuki pulled out of the automobile market in north america
(which freaked out owners because no parts,support etc etc)

They feel for that reason people are skittish about suzuki bikes as well and are therefore trying to get rid of suzuki bikes(even though they haven't priced them to sell quick)

Thats two for brampton powersports, they dont carry kawasaki, and now suzuki

What do you guys think? Suzuki bikes are here to stay?

I dont think this means anything, especially since the new sv650 is coming out this summer and i intend to get my hands on one asap(also suzuki makes a lot better bikes than it does cars, and the share of the market reflects this)

When I bought my bike there a month ago, they told me that they were gonna fully stop carrying Yamaha soon. Lol. So what, they're just selling Hondas now? Lol

Yeah i think its just a sales tactic, to impose a sense of urgency...

While Suzuki NA pulled out of selling autos, I thought they had kept the Motorcycle, ATV and Marine divisions?

If they were really trying to get rid of them, they'd lower the price. Anything else is sales BS.

While Suzuki NA pulled out of selling autos, I thought they had kept the Motorcycle, ATV and Marine divisions?

If they were really trying to get rid of them, they'd lower the price. Anything else is sales BS.

^^ I think your right

I checked the price on all the suzuki's and they were NOT budging, same price as always, definitely doesnt sound like they're trying to "Get rid of them"

When I bought my bike there a month ago, they told me that they were gonna fully stop carrying Yamaha soon. Lol. So what, they're just selling Hondas now? Lol

Who told you that? it wouldnt happen to be Ian would it?

Didnt suzuki pull their cars out of north america like 3 years ago? Sounds fishy to me.

Harley doesnt sell cars either but people keep buying them.

Personally I think its a good thing they dont sell cars here anymore, if anything it can only help the image of their motorcycles.

EDIT: ya, it was 3 years ago...

Last edited:
so in all likely hood it was just a load of horse ****? Seems unlikely they'll be getting rid of both suzuki and yamaha(as our friend pointed out) especially since they havent priced the suzukis to 'get rid of'

so in all likely hood it was just a load of horse ****? Seems unlikely they'll be getting rid of both suzuki and yamaha(as our friend pointed out) especially since they havent priced the suzukis to 'get rid of'

Thats another sketchy part of this whole thing. "Ya, we're trying to get rid of them but we arent doing anything to get rid of them". So.....what? Are they just telling their sales people to try EXTRA hard to push suzukis and crossing their fingers? Doesnt make sense.

I frequent brampton powersports often, one of the sales person who is a friend told me theyre trying to get rid of all Suzuki bikes(but they arent lowering the prices on them lol)

Apparently(and i didn't know this) suzuki pulled out of the automobile market in north america
(which freaked out owners because no parts,support etc etc)

They feel for that reason people are skittish about suzuki bikes as well and are therefore trying to get rid of suzuki bikes(even though they haven't priced them to sell quick)

Thats two for brampton powersports, they dont carry kawasaki, and now suzuki

What do you guys think? Suzuki bikes are here to stay?

I dont think this means anything, especially since the new sv650 is coming out this summer and i intend to get my hands on one asap(also suzuki makes a lot better bikes than it does cars, and the share of the market reflects this)

LOL!! The Automobile division in Nth America died about 4 years ago in 2012
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-of-u-s-car-market-after-almost-three-decades

BUT in other Markets like Inda/Asia/Australasia Suzuki cars are very popular. Just Nth Americans never bought into them. Just like other brands like Mitsubishi.

from India:
Passengercars.JPG

See more information here: http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Maruti_Suzuki_India_(BOM:532500)

Someone is having you on.. lol. Suzuki Motorcycles are here to stay. Gixxrs are big sellers, along with the V-strom and other series.

Last edited:
Suzuki stopped selling cars and only cars and only in North America.
The sales were poor and didn't justify a dealer sales network.
Going by the chart above, it would appear that other parts of the world do not agree with our opinion of Suzuki's autos.

You have to admire sales staff that have no knowledge of their own products.

You have to admire sales staff that have no knowledge of their own products.

Normal, nowadays. This should surprise nobody. Not to say that there's not good ones out there who are very knowledgable on the flipside, but many simply aren't...they just want the commission or the minimum wage job.

Automotive salespeople are (based on my experience) often slimeballs, saying what they need to say to make a sale....although personally, he should check his tactics - if a salesperson somehow convinced someone that a manufacturer was leaving a market I'd be less inclined to buy vs more inclined - parts availability, etc.

But I agree with others....don't let this concern you.

Suzuki are making a comeback if you haven't checked their lineup & products

Suzuki are making a comeback if you haven't checked their lineup & products
Don't call it a comeback, they've been here for years.
Just everyone thinks of them as the company that makes gixxers.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

haha, awesome ll cool j reference

(Also i just learned they make the v strom )

Suzuki sold cars ? lol

If car sales of lack of were the reason to pull the motorcycles from the market they would have done it a long time ago.

Sales guys at that dealership are full of it, when i was looking to buy my fz9, they told me to buy the wrong colour they had in stock and then to wrap the tank. Awesome

Last edited:

I think there was a bit of down time @ global financial crisis where they didn't bring in new models, Joey.

haha, awesome ll cool j reference

(Also i just learned they make the v strom )
I love it when you call me (out) @bigpoppa

Seriously though, I know if the Boulevard, gixxer and vstrom.

I think there was a bit of down time @ global financial crisis where they didn't bring in new models, Joey.
Ok, but weren't all manufacturers hit the same?
Did they all halt new models?

And only my friends call me Joey ?

Back
Top Bottom