Thursday or Friday - Muskoka Roads | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thursday or Friday - Muskoka Roads

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Edit - ride is on Friday - sunny with a high of 20 degrees!

I'm leading a ride up there on Saturday and want to check out the roads before taking a group up there. Going to do this route, which includes the best roads in Muskoka.

First Part: http://goo.gl/maps/204vc Second Part: https://goo.gl/maps/qEOZx

Pace will be fun in corners and responsible on the straights - keeping in mind the high possibility of sand in corners, and many twisty roads.

Meeting Spot - 9am depart from the Timmies/Shell in Innisfil here: https://goo.gl/maps/MuznUkEZkrm

I'm going to pack a lunch and eat by a river or lake or something, to save time on a long stop. I will have a top case to carry some lunch/drinks if needed and our first stop is a place where some light food and snacks can be bought. Gas stops every 200km or so.

I'm heading out from Mississauga, so round trip distance for me will be around 700km. Leaving Mississauga around 7:15am and leaving Innisfil at 9am.

Post up or PM if you are interested!

Last edited:
I'm a 50/50 Shane for either days, will confirm later during the week.

Can meet at 400 and 9.

Ditto with DemonPig, new bike is range challenged for fuel.

Shane I took almost the same route yesterday. I started from Southward rd. It was very sandy. Road surface not in good condition. 169, Peninsula in good shape. 518 not bad but lots of sand in tight corners. On the gravel side, Turtle lake, Nippissing Rd and Star Lake rd in great shape.
I highly recommend to stop by Orrville Bakery at the intersection of 518 and Sugar Lake Rd. Very nice place to have a coffee.

I may be available for next week Friday.

Thanks for the heads up about the roads RV125. No intentional gravel on this ride - just paved roads only, although I really like Star Lake Rd and Nipissing Rd. We'll skip Southwood for now and wait until later in the season when it can be enjoyed. Good to know about the 518 and I hope Ravenscliffe is tolerable. Thanks for the info about the bakery in Orville.

As for range - 200kms is no problem. There is a gas/washroom stop at the bottom of Peninsula Rd and then after doing the 518 loop and stopping in Bracebridge - Google says it 206km right there. https://goo.gl/maps/bmYCLXCfkS12 If that works for you guys, it's good with me. The Windermere dock is also a nice spot to take a break and maybe get a nice pic with the bikes right on the dock.

Looking forward to seeing your new bikes!

I took a similar route the other day the roads were a mess. Glad I went I the cage I wouldn't have been able to take it on the bike.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

First ride of the season for me = all the more reason to take it easy.
Bring the KLR if you like and you might only need to stop for gas once.
I'm not in rush - just want to get the whole route done and check them roads out.

It would be nice to get home and not hit rush hour traffic in full force though.

So you're planning to do both routes that you linked? I would love to go but that looks like a nearly 10 hour day (including breaks) leaving from Keswick. An hour to Barrie, 2 hours for the first part, 4 hours for the second, and another hour or more to get home... I think it's just too much for me :( My butt would fall off.

Yes, planning on doing both routes, so I think it could be close to a 10 hour day for you.
A good aftermarket seat often helps - I couldn't do much more than a 5 hour day on my stock seat.
I usually don't do rides much shorter than 10hrs, because I don't get much time to ride like this, so gotta make the most of it.

Dam, you must have an iron butt! What do you ride? Maybe I can come for the first half (or second, whichever is better). My little CBR300R can keep up, but my body probably couldn't take the entire trip.

You are most welcome to join and leave whenever you feel like it. I'm on a V-Strom 650 with a Corbin seat and hwy pegs. It's not pretty, but it works.

If you decided to come, we could set up a meeting spot at Innisfil Beach Rd/400 - where the Timmies is just east of the 400. That should be easy for you and Jayv to get to.

I'll post up more details as the week goes on, but at this point, Friday is looking like a nice day to head out.

I might be up for at least some of this ride. Just checking that you are talking about this Thursday / Friday, May 5/6. Once you know which day let me know what time you would expect to be at 400 and 9?

Yes I'm talking about this week. I'll confirm the date on Tuesday, but Friday I just took off work, so hopefully the weather holds. It might be easier for anyone coming from north of Toronto to just meet at 400/Innisfil timmies since there is a gas stop there and a warm place to wait for whoever gets there first.

Friday it is - forecast is now showing 20deg.

Let's meet up at the Timmies just east of the 400 at Innisfil Beach Rd - ready to ride out by 9am so we can get home by a decent hour. There is a Shell gas station there as well.

I'm coming in from Mississauga if anyone wants to meet around here. I can also swing by the Timmies at 400/Weston Rd at 8:15 if anyone wants to meet up there.

Friday it is --- Let's meet up at the Timmies just east of the 400 at Innisfail Beach Rd - ready to ride out by 9am so we can get home by a decent hour. There is a Shell gas station there as well.

At this point I am free on Friday. I will aim to be at the Innisfil Timmies before 9am. If I am not there in time, don't wait around.

Back
Top Bottom