Parking - Sheraton Hotel - Queen St | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking - Sheraton Hotel - Queen St

RickT

I've got a conference to attend in Toronto this summer and will be staying at the Sheraton. For a change I'm thinking of riding my bike over (a co-worker will bring my luggage/laptop). Given all the reports of bike thefts in Toronto I called the Sheraton to ask about their motorcycle parking. They said they didn't specifically have any but usually allowed motorcycles to be parked near the handicap parking by the valet. They of course said it was "safe".

Anyone familiar with this hotel and whether or not it's safe? If there are any doubts I'll leave the bike home.

I've got a conference to attend in Toronto this summer and will be staying at the Sheraton. For a change I'm thinking of riding my bike over (a co-worker will bring my luggage/laptop). Given all the reports of bike thefts in Toronto I called the Sheraton to ask about their motorcycle parking. They said they didn't specifically have any but usually allowed motorcycles to be parked near the handicap parking by the valet. They of course said it was "safe".

Anyone familiar with this hotel and whether or not it's safe? If there are any doubts I'll leave the bike home.

What bike are we talking about here?

Anyway, the sheraton Valet area is usually busy with cabs waiting for fares. They use it like a "depot". I would think you should be safe for a couple days

You can see their parking setup on google maps looking on Richmond/York/Queen. Their oversized vehicles are parked above ground in that area, and I'd guess thats where they'd have you put your bike as well. I'm sure there are cameras and security, but you probably wouldn't want to have it parked on the outskirts, so it depends on how close it's parked to the valet booth where somebody should be 24h/day.

You might have to call and ask a few more questions.

the problem is valets aren't paid that much, and being a look out and making a phone call/text with a burner phone to their friend when something flashy comes up helps out with the monthly bills.

Sheraton is dumping mega-$$ into revamping their atrocious security camera system. Not sure when it would be complete. Hopefully this summer. Beyond that, their valet area is constantly busy with pedestrian and vehicle traffic - especially Thursday - Saturday. I assume you won't be riding in on some thief-magnet supersport, so I'd bet you'd be fine.

Hi,
Our offices are in the Sheraton hotel and I've been there 6 years. I've parked both in the lane-way mentioned earlier in this thread as well as the city hall parking lot that is connected to the Sheraton (walkway under Queen st). Both areas are relativity safe, never seen anything/anyone looking at all shady and I've worked many late nights. Given a choice I'd prefer to park in the underground although there are costs associated with that.

I did cycle to work one Saturday morning and parked that bike in the valet area locked to a cycle rack. Came back 2 hours later and it was stolen but that speaks more to atrocious # of bicycles that get stolen in the GTA.

It's a city but ,imo, it's a very safe one.

Back
Top Bottom