Insurance for 27yr old new rider | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for 27yr old new rider

Oh boy ... M1 or M2 with no experience on brand new 600cc super sport ... do I smell disappointment mixed with a fair dose of horror?

well its a she...so im sure her rates will be 50% less than males her age with a decade of experience.

troll?

uhm if she is for real, please start on a 300, there are nice 300's. You are just asking for trouble.

as per female, maybe hitting the road will hurt 50% less also.

you will likely pay about $3k in the GTA

What's your rush to start on a 600ss?

troll?

uhm if she is for real, please start on a 300, there are nice 300's. You are just asking for trouble.

as per female, maybe hitting the road will hurt 50% less also.

you will likely pay about $3k in the GTA

What's your rush to start on a 600ss?

Currently ride dirtbikes and rode several 600ss bikes in the past as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts :)

Currently ride dirtbikes and rode several 600ss bikes in the past as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts :)

Please don't take me wrong but what seems to be a problem with insurance if you rode several 600ss bikes in the past?

Please don't take me wrong but what seems to be a problem with insurance if you rode several 600ss bikes in the past?

"Some experience" in a different country does nothing for an admittedly new (not even an M1 yet) SS rider here.

OP, it sounds like you have basically made up your mind on the bike and the path you are determined to take without compromise, so asking us all here for theoretical pricing isn't going to get you very far aside from what everyone has already said - "Expensive". Nobody will be able to nail it down any closer than that.

Your best bet at this point is to start calling around to insurance companies and get quotes. Tell them that you will have your M2 & the motorcycle safety course under your belt before writing the policy and they can give you theoretical quotes based on such. It's highly unlikely that any insurer will write a policy for an M1 rider in your scenario so you will likely have to wait to 60 days after you achieve your M1 license to get your M2 before they'll be willing to write it, assuming all goes well with the safety course – that puts you into July at this point.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom