Post-crash group-ride outcome | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post-crash group-ride outcome

That's part of the hit and run provisions. You need the offending parties plate number so you don't get dinged. Too many people were probably being the hammer, then taking off and pretending they were the nail.

neighbours daughter was recently hit, going down a road in the left lane, going though an intersection (on green) car comes from side road to the right, making a right turn, no stop at the light/intersection and into the left lane and hits her. Driver claims cant speak English at the scene, cops wont come, sending them to the collision reporting centre. They go to the centre, now her English is better and she draws a scaled sketch of my neighbour making a lane change in to her.......

people lie

Last edited:
neighbours daughter was recently hit, going down a road in the left lane, going though an intersection (on green) car comes from side road to the right, making a right turn, no stop at the light/intersection and into the left lane and hits her. Driver claims cant speak English at the scene, cops wont come, sending them to the collision reporting centre. They go to the centre, now her English is better and she draws a scaled sketch of my neighbour making a lane change in to her.......

people lie

This assumes your daughter had the phone camera out to snap pics of the scene ?

So glad I drive/ride around with a dash cam now on all the time...too many idiots out there and may as well have as much to cover your *** as possible.

As for this incident, the way I see it...as long as there's no contact then really you shouldn't be able to fault someone for being stupid enough to race you. All this was were some kids in a powerful car that didn't know how to control it. Possibly started drifting, panicked and the car caught traction when he let off...or gunned it in panic. Who knows.

Sure charge them with speeding, racing, blah blah blah...but the drivers are all independently thinking kids/adults. You raced and messed up big time. Very sad, but you got yourself into this mess.

I'm confused. Wait, there's more. If two guys need to dick measure by proxy ergo go drag race Queen St. and one humps a school bus isn't the other drag racer somewhat at fault for this poor outcome as well? I do declare, yes.

As for this incident, the way I see it...as long as there's no contact then really you shouldn't be able to fault someone for being stupid enough to race you. All this was were some kids in a powerful car that didn't know how to control it. Possibly started drifting, panicked and the car caught traction when he let off...or gunned it in panic. Who knows.

Sure charge them with speeding, racing, blah blah blah...but the drivers are all independently thinking kids/adults. You raced and messed up big time. Very sad, but you got yourself into this mess.

The courts see it differently. I had already provided links earlier in the thread about a street racing case where even a non-driving not-even-in-a-car flagger was charged with criminal negligence causing death (and who was ultimately convicted of dangerous driving causing death) for his part in the street racing death.

You might remember a motorcycle hooligan ride a few years back that ended in death of one of three riders and the passenger in an oncoming car struck head-on by an out-of-control motorcycle. The two other riders were convicted for their part in that one. In a subsequent civil action against them, a judge laid it out in what should be painfully-obvious logic to most reasonable people (other than those predisposed to doing exactly what these three were doing that day):

With respect to Causation and Joint Ventures, Justice Lack found that all three motorcyclists were engaged in a joint venture. She concluded that although Mr. Werkmann was the one who was involved in the collision, the negligence of Mr. Mihali and Mr. Nemes was also significant in causing it. Justice Lack found Mr. Mihali and Mr. Nemes were each 25% jointly and severally liable for the plaintiff’s damages and dismissed the claim against Security National Insurance Company on the basis that Mr. Mihali was insured at the time of the collision:

the three cyclists were engaged in a joint venture to participate in activity that involved driving considerably in excess of the speed limit and breaking other rules of the road. They encouraged and incited one another to do so. Immediately before the collision Mr. Mihali’s action in pulling away at a high rate of speed from Mr. Werkmann implicitly incited Mr. Werkmann to drive at the speed he did in order to follow to Mr. Mihali’s home to get warm. In failing to remain at the scene of the accident, as anyone would whose friend had just been killed, the two cyclists left. I find that they did that because they were conscious of having been, in part, to blame for what had happened. The conduct of the trio in driving in the manner, in which they did, viewed objectively and subjectively, created a grave risk of death or injury to other users of the highway and the loss that Mr. Mallory suffered was within the ambit of that risk and was readily foreseeable by all of them.

long story short.. **** group rides

Group riding is great fun....with the right group.

My past experience many years ago while I was part of the sportbike crowd was that this sort of group is very hard to put together, however, and the larger the group becomes the more difficult it is.

the larger the group becomes the more difficult it is.

Case in point: the long since imploded Friday night MOB ride. Every ride was a gong show.

Group rides are democracy inaction. Dud shows up fashionably late, pulls off helmet to light up smoke. And at the first fuel stop it doesn't get any slicker.

I'm confused. Wait, there's more. If two guys need to dick measure by proxy ergo go drag race Queen St. and one humps a school bus isn't the other drag racer somewhat at fault for this poor outcome as well? I do declare, yes.

It's posts like these than make me wish GTAM had a like button...lol

My past experience many years ago while I was part of the sportbike crowd was that this sort of group is very hard to put together, however, and the larger the group becomes the more difficult it is.

Agreed. When I first started riding with a group it was great, and hasn't really been the same since. Looking back, that group was small and we all quickly became actual friends. When that group disbanded and everyone joined larger groups, the dynamic wasn't the same, and you start to only recognize a few names on each ride list.

Too many different agenda's to cope with for me; even with the crowd I like. Depending on destination, I usually just say I'll meet you there" and hard to port at the first opportunity. Honestly, I'd rather just do my own thing at my own pace, with the added bonus of not getting caught up in other peoples ****

Group rides are democracy inaction. Dud shows up fashionably late, pulls off helmet to light up smoke. And at the first fuel stop it doesn't get any slicker.
No need to call me out

Too many different agenda's to cope with for me; even with the crowd I like. Depending on destination, I usually just say I'll meet you there" and hard to port at the first opportunity. Honestly, I'd rather just do my own thing at my own pace, with the added bonus of not getting caught up in other peoples ****

That's why I let you go way out in front. Doing my own thing:p Come to think of it, that's why Dougie lets me go way out in front. I guess we're all diyers

It's posts like these than make me wish GTAM had a like button...lol
??
It looks like you're using the Tapatalk app. It does have a like button.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

That's why I let you go way out in front. Doing my own thing:p Come to think of it, that's why Dougie lets me go way out in front. I guess we're all diyers

Touche.
Plus the added bonus of not running me over should I have a "moment". I'd imagine Dougie is just trying to avoid being blasted by rocks on one of your "d" road adventures ;)

I went on a group ride today. Group of two. Lots of hikers parked on the side of the road, some not quite off the pavement. Some gravel in spots. Snow on the ground under trees. Not many SS bikes, and not many gas stations. At times we were one second apart, and others 15 - 20 seconds. The more people there are the more pressure there seems to be to keep up.

For those who enjoy riding in groups and the social aspect of such, join a reputable riding organization with clear rules with regards to group ride procedure and behaviour. It will be a WAY better experience for you versus the "post a message online somewhere and meet a bunch of strangers at a local parking lot" alternative that (again, based on my experience) often turns into a gong show.

... or just find others who organize agreeable rides. They are out there.

Back
Top Bottom