Vos Motors (worst place to go) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vos Motors (worst place to go)

Block

Let me start of by saying the sales team here is amazing. However the management and the body shop aspect of Vos Motors is one of the worst shops you could ever go to. They lie about quotes, things being backed ordered (I called the same dealer to check their story), pricing...just about everything (I can prove this because of the recordings I had to start taking)

I crashed on October 11, 2015. I had my bike taken to Vos Motors (since I bought it there) around October 20th, 2015. Till this day it has not been fixed.

Their reasons: The dollar changed after the quote (turn out the official quote wasn't given to Statefarm until February), back ordered fairings, trying to contact Statefarm (they actually told Statefarm it was being worked on), waiting for the cheque from Statefarm because they can't get parts without it, telling Statefarm they might need more money, and finally that they tried to contact me for 3 weeks (it was actually a week).

Now they've finally got my tank fairing in after being backed ordered, but for some reason my tail fairing is now back ordered, and I'm just finding that out today (something I wouldn't have known if I didn't go there).

It's been over 6 months and for some reason my bike doesn't seem to be a priority. They finally guaranteed me today (April 28, 2016) that it will be done on Wednesday May 4, 2016.

Link to emails from the owner

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...57&authkey=!ABICDiBlyMrEWtM&ithint=onenote%2c

I also have hours & hours of voice recordings of the things they lie about.

1bab56acf3e0ea7be5399c89e2f127af.jpg

e06948820ee9ebbc42301deba6cadfe6.jpg

Had to bring York Region Police to hold them to there word this time. Night before I stayed 90min after closing trying to get reasonable answers. They did not like that as they couldn't close store.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me start of by saying the sales team here is amazing. However the management and the body shop aspect of Vos Motors is one of the worst shops you could ever go to. They lie about quotes, things being backed ordered (I called the same dealer to check their story), pricing...just about everything (I can prove this because of the recordings I had to start taking)

I crashed on October 11, 2015. I had my bike taken to Vos Motors (since I bought it there) around October 20th, 2015. Till this day it has not been fixed.

Their reasons: The dollar changed after the quote (turn out the official quote wasn't given to Statefarm until February), back ordered fairings, trying to contact Statefarm (they actually told Statefarm it was being worked on), waiting for the cheque from Statefarm because they can't get parts without it, telling Statefarm they might need more money, and finally that they tried to contact me for 3 weeks (it was actually a week).

Now they've finally got my tank fairing in after being backed ordered, but for some reason my tail fairing is now back ordered, and I'm just finding that out today (something I wouldn't have known if I didn't go there).

It's been over 6 months and for some reason my bike doesn't seem to be a priority. They finally guaranteed me today (April 28, 2016) that it will be done on Wednesday May 4, 2016.

Wow..so ... after a whole dead season, they can't get a bike ready? That's messed up

Wow..so ... after a whole dead season, they can't get a bike ready? That's messed up
Yup. I'm picking up with my old tail fairing so it's still not really ready.

Make a call to your insurer, tell them you expect them to advocate on your behalf. Of course they will likely say VOS isn't one of the "preferred shops" but they should be working for you that is what you pay them for. It sounds like someone dropped the ball, and didn't follow up. As for back ordered parts when I was hit, it took me calling Yamaha Canada and locating a new fuel tank for them to have shipped from the US to get my bike fixed. The dealership had ordered the parts within a week of getting the bike. Yamaha said they had no new tanks in Canada so they were waiting for one to be shipped form Japan and t would take at least 8- 12 weeks.As it turned out Yamaha USA had a new tank sitting in their warehouse but because they are seperate, corporate divisions Yamaha Canada didn't know it existed, they then had to buy the tank from Yamaha USA and it was at dealership 5 days later.

Make a call to your insurer, tell them you expect them to advocate on your behalf. Of course they will likely say VOS isn't one of the "preferred shops" but they should be working for you that is what you pay them for. It sounds like someone dropped the ball, and didn't follow up. As for back ordered parts when I was hit, it took me calling Yamaha Canada and locating a new fuel tank for them to have shipped from the US to get my bike fixed. The dealership had ordered the parts within a week of getting the bike. Yamaha said they had no new tanks in Canada so they were waiting for one to be shipped form Japan and t would take at least 8- 12 weeks.As it turned out Yamaha USA had a new tank sitting in their warehouse but because they are seperate, corporate divisions Yamaha Canada didn't know it existed, they then had to buy the tank from Yamaha USA and it was at dealership 5 days later.
Thank you for the info, appreciate it.

759476b560e300f1c61da08b277ecde4.jpg

Got to say thanks to York Region Police. Had to bring them to Vos Motors, if it wasn't for them I would still not have my bike. 7 months of lies from Vos Motors. These guys don't know what there doing, even my insurance company couldn't understand. Picked up bike today (May 9, 2016) and was blackmailed into signing a paper saying not to talk about this to anyone other wise I wouldn't get my bike back. The bike isnt even 100% done, I agreed to that or I'd be waiting a year for my bike.

links to emails between me and owner in main post

Last edited:
Take the ****ers to court.
I had the worse experience of my life there.
Every time someone buying a bike I tell them go anywhere but vos.
They listen

Last edited:
I bought my bike there. Everyone there was great but the guy in the back in charge of parts seemed really sketchy.

I bought my bike there. Everyone there was great but the guy in the back in charge of parts seemed really sketchy.
Yeah, the sales team is amazing but the owner or the guy in parts

Thanks for the heads up. Good for you on calling LEO to help out. I can imagine how frustrating it must be. (Years and Years ago when I was a lad, I took a motorcycle mechanic to small claims court).

Thanks for the heads up. Good for you on calling LEO to help out. I can imagine how frustrating it must be. (Years and Years ago when I was a lad, I took a motorcycle mechanic to small claims court).
No Problem, Need to let people know. Something like this should never had happen or at least never get to this point.

Last edited:
Yeah, the sales team is amazing but the owner (Shannon Milo) or the guy in parts (Matthew Stephenson Drost) ...

I'm no lawyer but am thinking you need to be mindful of actionable libel and/or slander here dude, until such accusations are proven in court... Be careful.

Last edited:
I'm no lawyer but am thinking you need to be mindful of actionable libel and/or slander here dude, until such accusations are proven in court... Be careful.
True, thanks I'll keep that in mind

Happens a lot of the time. They want to get the most out of insurance & try to take you hostage. If you don't keep tabs of them they take their sweet ass time. However, I like the fact that they waste your time you waste their's. Delayed their closing time

Happens a lot of the time. They want to get the most out of insurance & try to take you hostage. If you don't keep tabs of them they take their sweet ass time. However, I like the fact that they waste your time you waste their's. Delayed their closing time
lol yeah they did not like that one bit, you can't have someone's bike for that long and just say "will call you when it's ready"

Yeah iv heard some interesting things about vos as well, they go to the states to look for dealers that are going chapter 11, take their bikes and sell them in canada

They finance anyone through shady means regardless of credit score etc(theyre a russian outfit)

Theyre very aggressive with their sales team(personal experience)

Back
Top Bottom