Any cat whisperers on the site? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any cat whisperers on the site?

I have 3 feral cats. 2 males and a female. I've never trimmed their nails and wouldn't consider declawing them. Mine all learned the rules, know what they can and can't scratch. I also have a jack russel that knows and will enforce the rules. When the cats step out of line or start fighting, which happens every day, then the jack russel will straighten them out. If I call the cat's name, in a positive tone, they will come to me... If I call out their name in a negative tone.... the dog will bring that cat to me.
The oldest male cat hissed and clawed me once... When he did... I picked him by the scruff, lifted him to my eye level and asked what he wanted. He never did it again. If their claws start to dig into me when petting, or sitting with me, or similar... I flick their paw gently.

My cats don't wear their claws down enough to go without trimming.
You should check yours, it can be painful for them.

One of mine also had tooth decay problems. His plate fractured and was giving him a canker on the side, where what was left of the teeth rubbed. He was ornery while that was happening, and it wasn't until a while after we had his shattered teeth pulled, that he calmed down.

XsBHw6a.jpg

Requires constant care, attention, walks and feeding vs can be left alone for a weekend with food if a neighbor pops in.

What's the voice command for don't eat my couch while I'm out?

Besides you've never seen mister underfoot at the top of the stairs. Many people who own dogs shouldn't.

Requires constant care, attention, walks and feeding vs can be left alone for a weekend with food if a neighbor pops in.

What's the voice command for don't eat my couch while I'm out?

Besides you've never seen mister underfoot at the top of the stairs. Many people who own dogs shouldn't.

And how many dogs will actually disarm armed criminals without a command? Half of them will just play with them or want to be petted.

I love dogs, cats, all mammals, and this dog vs. cat thing is so ****ing stupid.

My Daughter recently moved back home with her Feral cat. Cat gets spook very easily and wasn't a big fan of myself. I started feeding the Cat and buying her treats, now she tolerates me. Dam I'm a wimp

My cats don't wear their claws down enough to go without trimming.
You should check yours, it can be painful for them.

One of mine also had tooth decay problems. His plate fractured and was giving him a canker on the side, where what was left of the teeth rubbed. He was ornery while that was happening, and it wasn't until a while after we had his shattered teeth pulled, that he calmed down.

Check them over all the time. They take care of them selves mostly. They scratch the things they're allowed and the older male will bite at his some times. Occasionally I'll find a piece of broken nail around the house. One or twice over the years I've had to cut down a nail or two that was starting to curl back towards their paw.

OP, check out the show "My cat from hell" as there is lots of good advice on it. If you don't get the channel you may get info/clips on the internet. There is also lots of good advice for behaviour modification of such feral cats on the internet.

Cats have a better sense of smell and can be trained just like a dog.

This sums up what I think of dogs and cats.

http://youtu.be/aBW5dfRoG7Q

Last edited:
I love dogs, cats, all mammals, and this dog vs. cat thing is so ****ing stupid.

Yep. This.

But considering half the members here can't even get along with each other (sportbike vs cruiser, for example), this does not surprise me.

I guess that's why my buddy doesn't bring his cat when we go up to his cottage for the weekend.

I guess that's why my buddy doesn't bring his cat when we go up to his cottage for the weekend.
That, and if they get out they may disappear for weeks, then come back pregnant or satisfied.

Mine are good for a week.. with enough food and water and a couple extra litter boxes set up.

You missed the plot. Being entertained all weekend watching my dog dealing with the ducks and other assorted shenanigans vs. my buddy having to drag his cat out from under the bed after it's been hiding there all weekend if he brought it with him. Come to think of it, I've only seen the thing once. Not much of a pet IMO. Might as well have a pet Tarantula.

IMG_2562_zpsjmlioodo.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom