How to Wash & Wax your Motorcycle, the proper way! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to Wash & Wax your Motorcycle, the proper way!

Complete and total nonsense.

How so? I read many articles about how this is infact the case. While WD-40 May not affect the individual O-rings to weaken them, when you clean your chain with it, the residue left is still there, and when you apply the lube, it actively will displace the lube from the O rings. It is called WD-40 because it is Water Displacement 40.

I will link the articles for you soon and tests, but it shows WD-40 does not harm the O-Rings, but it does become harmful when it displaces the lube from them afterwards.

49,000 with the original chain & sprockets using only wd40.
That's a very thin lube, does it fling off like a kid throwing a tantrum?

O-ring chains don't need lube, they just need to be kept clean. Looks great, sounds normal. I used chain cleaner to remove the factory lube and I've only used wd40 ever since.

I'm going to give Jig-A-Loo a try. Blurb on can indicates stellar lubricating qualities inside. Harmful if swallowed but that shouldn't be an issue, unless I get the uncontrollable urge to swallow. #NoHomo

Last edited:
I'm going to give Jig-A-Loo a try. Blurb on can indicates stellar lubricating qualities inside. Harmful if swallowed but that shouldn't be an issue.
Unless you get that uncontrollable urge to swallow.

I'm going to give Jig-A-Loo a try. Blurb on can indicates stellar lubricating qualities inside. Harmful if swallowed but that shouldn't be an issue, unless I get the uncontrollable urge to swallow.
If ever a post needed #NoHomo this one above is it.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

If ever a post needed #NoHomo this one above is it.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I hadn't thought of that. Thank you.

I personally avoid it, had condensation get behind the cluster glass once, so never again. Either way, I'd much rather be riding than cleaning/waxing/polishing. Besides, Mothers spray detailer keeps mine looking mint from a foot or two back; I'll save the pressure wash for the day I'm ready to trade up lol

I've used a pressure washer on a low setting and thought I was being careful around bearings, final drive etc.... But did a wash a few days ago before pulling the rear wheel to do some routine maintenance and install a new shock and found water inside a flange near the splines. No damage, but I won't be using a pressure washer on the bike in the future. Convenience is not worth the risk.

Also, this was the first time I've used S100 cleaner and it did a pretty good job of removing grime from wheels and all the nooks and crannies.

Last edited:
What's the best way to clean the wind screen to not scratch it? I know these things are super easy to scratch even with a microfiber cloth.

Tips on this would be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom