How to Wash & Wax your Motorcycle, the proper way! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to Wash & Wax your Motorcycle, the proper way!

OPs "dirty" bike started cleaner than any of mine have ever been lol
Yeah he mentioned he did clay it recently. That would've made his surface silky smoooooth. Hmmm maybe i should clay mine

Interesting, I was under the impression that "pressure washers" and bikes don't mix. I am always worried the higher pressure might get water where it is not supposed to go.

Interesting, I was under the impression that "pressure washers" and bikes don't mix. I am always worried the higher pressure might get water where it is not supposed to go.

You just need to be careful. Don't direct it at any bearings sealed or not. It's easy to blow water past the seal and wreck a bearing.

OPs "dirty" bike started cleaner than any of mine have ever been lol

I personally avoid it, had condensation get behind the cluster glass once, so never again. Either way, I'd much rather be riding than cleaning/waxing/polishing. Besides, Mothers spray detailer keeps mine looking mint from a foot or two back; I'll save the pressure wash for the day I'm ready to trade up lol

I personally avoid it, had condensation get behind the cluster glass once, so never again. Either way, I'd much rather be riding than cleaning/waxing/polishing. Besides, Mothers spray detailer keeps mine looking mint from a foot or two back; I'll save the pressure wash for the day I'm ready to trade up lol
That's why I keep it to times when I can't ride

I just spray her down with WD40 and wipe where I can. I let the rest steam off. On occasion I will no name lemon pledge the paint work. Lube chain. Spray brake kleener into rag, wipe rotors. Ride.

This is why "Vloggers" should shut the hell up and pay attention while riding :)
However you wash your scoot, don't wax it like this guy. (Skip to about 3:00 for about 30 seconds, and then about 8:00 for the money shot not long afterwards).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxvWwO_zmNs[video=youtube;uxvWwO_zmNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxvWwO_zmNs[/video]

lol that was good. At least he now knows that wax is only for painted bits...not the entire bike including tires.

If you wash your bike once and a while it's much easier to keep it clean. It takes me 15-20min to wash and dry my bike.

can someone please post the vid link on how to put the gas in next..... geeesh !!!!

can someone please post the vid link on how to put the gas in next..... geeesh !!!!
well some people think that you just use a bucket, a rag of any kind (swirling the fak out of the paint) and even some people will use dish soap ffs which is horrid for paint, basically makes the paint bare and unprotected, aging it prematurely.

anyhow it's always good to educate and share knowledge.
just like some people dont know how to clean their chain which should be common knowledge for any biker but some don't!

well some people think that you just use a bucket, a rag of any kind (swirling the fak out of the paint) and even some people will use dish soap ffs which is horrid for paint, basically makes the paint bare and unprotected, aging it prematurely.

anyhow it's always good to educate and share knowledge.
just like some people dont know how to clean their chain which should be common knowledge for any biker but some don't!

Why do I need to clean my chain?

I have never cleaned the chain... just lube it often with Wurth HHS 2000. I currently have 50000km on it, and it hasn't even needed adjustment yet. I changed the front sprocket because I wanted a 16-tooth, but the rear is still in good shape... a bit worn. No kinks in the chain, all still good.

Also, with my DRZ I got 17000 out of the OEM chain, never cleaned it... only lubed.

Why do I need to clean my chain?

I have never cleaned the chain... just lube it often with Wurth HHS 2000. I currently have 50000km on it, and it hasn't even needed adjustment yet. I changed the front sprocket because I wanted a 16-tooth, but the rear is still in good shape... a bit worn. No kinks in the chain, all still good.

Also, with my DRZ I got 17000 out of the OEM chain, never cleaned it... only lubed.
I'm trying to say that some people don't know what products to use on it and will use the wrong stuff that could damage it.
Same thing goes for lubing. Some people will think certain products will be good for lubing but they won't.

I'm trying to say that some people don't know what products to use on it and will use the wrong stuff that could damage it.
Same thing goes for lubing. Some people will think certain products will be good for lubing but they won't.

Exactly, like WD-40 for example, this actually can damage your chain by displacing the grease inbetween the o rings.

Back
Top Bottom