Ganaraska loading/unloading | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ganaraska loading/unloading

FLSTC

At Ganaraska, are there any berms useful for loading/unloading bikes from a pickup truck? Or do you bring your ramps with you? Any at the forest center vs the west parking?

Generally speaking, no, I don't recall ever seeing a berm big enough in any of the parking areas to load a bike into a truck. Although if you park at one of the bigger/busier parking areas like P6 (Porter Rd) you could probably bum a ramp from another rider.

And FYI: you aren't allowed to offload bikes at the Forest Center (Cold Springs Camp Rd) itself

This map is pretty much useless for navigation, but it can be handy for scouting out the parking spots. It also has the forest rules: www.ganaraskaforestcentre.ca/2015.pdf

Grab the detailed West Forest map for a couple of bucks at the Forest Center when you get your day pass.

Thanks. Very useful - my friends said to meet at the forest center... Will revise that plan.

P2 has a berm that I've used to unload a grizzly 700 before, you could easily unload a bike on it. That being said guys kinda like to park in and around the berm. In my opinion if you were to use it and leave your vehicle parked there it would be a bit selfish because space is limited and guys do like to rip it up on the berm and practice on it. When I did it I unloaded and then moved my truck. That being said if you move your truck when you get back it is possible that access to the berm could be blocked by other people parking, so it's a tough call.

Back
Top Bottom