Ganaraska Membership vs SCORRA Membership (OFTR) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ganaraska Membership vs SCORRA Membership (OFTR)

Mikel

I just want to gauge a response from people here to see what you guys think. Last year was my first year with a Ganaraska membership and I enjoyed it very much. Since I'm from Burlington I'm wondering which area I would get more of my monies worth of riding. Ganaraska is a solid 1 hr 30 mins from my home door to parking #2. I was google mapping some of the OFTR forests off of Horseshoe Valley Road and Orr lake area, they are comparable at 1hr 36 min to 1hr 40min plus. I've never ridden Simcoe County area. There's also an option to join HORRA but from my understanding most people who join OFTR that live in the GTA join SCORRA, it's the only real area with decent trails. I grew up in Georgetown and Halton Hills trails in my opinion are a bit of a joke.

I live in Simcoe County and am a scorra member. We have a fantastic trail system up here, lots of single track. But I find there are a lot of linkages (roads) to get to the next tract, if you are green plate only it can limit you. The other nice thing is that there are a lot of open invite rides on the scores website, no shortage of people to ride with and follow.
I've never had a Ganny membership, but have ridden there for several OFTR trail rides and OO races. It's a great place to ride and seems huge.
There's also some awesome trails around Gooderham, all accessible via the Haliburton Highlands trail riders, member club of the OFTR. Being an OFTR member opens up riding possibilities all over Ontario, not just Simcoe County.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

If you join oftr, definitely select scorra. This will give you access to the members only map system on the forum. You can use the map on your ride and pinpoint your location on whatever singletrack you are on. You'll never get totally lost with this web app.

Horseshoe (Barr) is the best area for single. With williams,Hendrie, Lawden, phelps ton, Brentwood. coming in next best respectively.

If you want a change I'd say definitely join scorra, it's only $100. You can always day pass ganny if ya want.

Pm me if ya want someone to show ya around.

I bought the oftr / scorra membership last year... You have to pay for the year vs a day pass at the ganny.
We wanted to try simcoe forest for a day in the fall... They wanted us to pay full year memberships in Sept that expired in December.
Unfortunately I didn't get to simcoe at all so it was a waste for me.

Ganny day passes ftw.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I bought the oftr / scorra membership last year... You have to pay for the year vs a day pass at the ganny.
We wanted to try simcoe forest for a day in the fall... They wanted us to pay full year memberships in Sept that expired in December.
Unfortunately I didn't get to simcoe at all so it was a waste for me.

Ganny day passes ftw.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Ganny season pass ftw! Good for 365 days.

Can anyone offer an estimate of the number of kilometers of single track that can reasonably be linked together in an afternoon in Simcoe? I'd like to try something outside of Ganaraska this year, and I'm just trying to get an idea of how much time can be spent on single track versus double track or roads. I'm looking for stuff on the challenging side.

I'm guessing that it is pretty hard to compete with Ganaraska for density of trails. My regular Ganaraska loop is 40+ km of uninterrupted single track, and there is easily double that if you want to do the side trails.

Yah you guys have confirmed what I suspected, Ganny is the better bang for the buck even at $175 this year. I might do both because I have 2 cottages lined up this year that I will be visiting, 1 in Bala and the other in Thunder Beach. Thunder Beach being pretty close to some trails I saw.

$175 damn - where do you guys buy the membership? It will be my first one.

$175 damn - where do you guys buy the membership? It will be my first one.

The GRCA Administration office, info@grca.on.ca
2216 County Road 28 in Port Hope
905-885-8173

Noone's Petro Canada Service Centre (memberships & day passes sold from 6am - 10pm only)
8262 Highway 35/115 just north of the Village of Kirby
905-983-9290

Sandaraska Park
156 Sandaraska Road on the northern edge of the West Forest
705-277-2000

The GRCA Administration office, info@grca.on.ca
2216 County Road 28 in Port Hope
905-885-8173

Noone's Petro Canada Service Centre (memberships & day passes sold from 6am - 10pm only)
8262 Highway 35/115 just north of the Village of Kirby
905-983-9290

Sandaraska Park
156 Sandaraska Road on the northern edge of the West Forest
705-277-2000

Noone's Petro Canada Service Centre is perfect - I am always around there. Thanks!

You can get one at the Forest Centre gatehouse at the top of Cold Springs Camp Rd, or at a few places just outside the forest:
http://www.ganaraskaforestcentre.ca/Recreational_User_Fees_-120017.html
Thanks

The problem with Noone's is that it's on the wrong side of the highway to pick up your pass if you're coming up from Toronto.

The problem with Noone's is that it's on the wrong side of the highway to pick up your pass if you're coming up from Toronto.
there is a little under pass you can take to get to that side and then back I believe, but yea it is in the wrong side :)
I will be coming down to Toronto from Orono tomorrow on my way to pick up my new to me dirt bike so I will pick up the pass.

Back
Top Bottom