Aggressive drivers, tailgaters | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aggressive drivers, tailgaters

I have a real hard core biker friend. He asked me if I have ever smashed a window with my elbow. I have personally never had the need to smash someones window quite honestly, and it is a little beyond the realm of what I would consider, being a good citizen. My biker friend said it takes three tries....LOL

Your "hardcore" biker friend is an idiot. Sense of invincibility...? It isn't hard for someone to turn the wheel into him and hit the gas once he starts moving.

This week I rode up along side of someone who very aggressively passed me on the queensway. I told him he almost hit me. And he said, I will try harder NEXT time!

Wow.

Sounds like the guy was road raging for one reason or another. Best to stay away and let it go.

Another difficult area is beside left turn approaches at an intersection without boulevards. I got used to staying to the left in my lane, and blocking off the ability for someone to go into the left turn lane, because if you are on the right side of your lane, you will have cars coming dangerously close to you to get in the left advance lane. The problem is, when there is no boulevard and just yellow lines painted, people will do it anyway.
????

Your "hardcore" biker friend is an idiot. Sense of invincibility...? It isn't hard for someone to turn the wheel into him and hit the gas once he starts moving.

PLau...the first part of my post was a story...it was not endorsed as something I recommend doing. It was a funny story, I do not recommend it. It was said as an irony, showing what you might want to do, but obviously law abiding citizens will not do this. It was a joke, like a spoof in a movie to emphasis what not to do.

The second part of my post reflects how some people on the road have a really bad attitude. Until you have listened to where these kinds of drivers are at, you do not really know the extent of how impossible it is to reason with them.

The third part, the one that you responded ''?????'' I was trying to explain lane blocking without boulevards and how it is useless when there are no boulevards but painted lines because drivers do not obey the lines. Sad but true...you know, like when you are in Grade 1 and asked to colour within the lines? LOL.

Cheers PLau, thank you for your comments.

Michael

Best option is to remove yourself from the situation, either pass one vehicle in front of that tailgater, not hard to do without getting anywhere near s172, or slow down and wave them by.

As for the "hard core biker friend" there are products sold at shows which will smash out a window first attempt, but it would be VERY foolish move to be beside a vehicle and break a window, they would have a "pretty good" defense when they knock you over... "officer the shattering of the glass was so scary, I must have swerved thinking something had struck my vehicle, I honestly didn't even know there was a bike there" Not to mention if a rider is "using their elbow" surely they would have to be in the other vehicles lane, so they could be the one buying a s172.

Usually just move over and let them pass if there is an opportunity. Otherwise a slight turn of the head (as in "I know you're there") and a couple friendly flashes of the brake light will do the trick.

Keep "ninja rocks" handy if you're the vindictive type. Flick & split! Not sure what non-Kawasaki riders are supposed to use. Friendly Italian hand gestures? #inrebrules

A meatball riding a Duck with Swedish fork throwing $ bills would be the sweetest thing.

Or a brick colored kleenex box!

51Laj6pX4vL._AC_UL320_SR312,320_.jpg

Road raging on a bike is never a good idea. Its better to just fly past them and forget about it. Thats the best part of being on a bike. You can avoid most road rage situations by just leaving them in the dust.
Worry about the next corner instead.

Hardcore riders spend a lot of time doing Pilates. They don't just run from barely continent cagers. Or is it competent? Online reputations and on the line here. LOLS can hurt just as bad as road rash, my friend. #inrebrules

Back
Top Bottom